1/3 of my presets now are between 48 and 65% CPU usage? Q v1-AE 3.3

Stratman68

Axe-Master
I'm not complaining mind you but I haven't changed anything... and some of these have Hi quality REV and "all" are Ultra rez-This % I am quoting is from axe edit. I still have mostly 80%+ in the others.

This is not how it was. They sound fine....so I don't understand? Anyone else? Just wondering if I did something inadvertently--everything is on global, etc and I even reloaded the presets from FW20 beta backup and updated amp, etc.

Like I said not complaining" but curious why no one else has seen this-- so is it just me.

All my presets have the comp\drive\amp\cab\chorus\delay\reverb. Some have more of course but none have less. I attached an example.

My 2 amp\2 cab presets are in low 80's?

Thanks for any insight.
Frank

Attachments

• Dumble 1.gif
    Dumble 1.gif
    37.5 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:
What were they before? Did they go up or down?

Mine went up going from 17 to 19. Then again going from 19 to Q1. 5 presets that were at 90% are now unusable?

Hey Moke- kind of important note I left out there......they have gone down, I mean a lot................Not all like I said, but a good 1/3 out of my first 30 presets, which is usually where I stay............when recording...home studio. Never had any below 75% since, well, since I can remember. 75% -82& is my norm, or was. They all have gone done. I have one with 2 amps and 2 cabs and it's only 80%?

The amp & cab in the pict example are Dumble HRM and F11 1x12 Bludo. Hi quality reverb--hi res cab?

I wish that I knew for sure which block was the culprit? The Amp block went through the most changes obviously, but it has it's own CPU?

I made a test preset today, 2 amp blocks, 2 stereo ultra-res cab blocks with pre-amps on, and 1 reverb block (low quality) .....................over 90%

One Stereo Ultra-res Cab block with all of the bells and whistles possible = over 40%

I got some work to do........

Well, I figured out a shortcut that let me remove some blocks from all of my patches and get the same results, so now I don't know if that, or Quantum is why my Axe has lower CPU usage.

I was so super excited about implementing what I had figured out that I didn't think to check my CPU before I did all the adjustments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did re download once already because first shot at FW update failed. Said I probably started the FW update from the axe. Of course I didn't...

I will try to download and update again.

But like I said I am not complaining , just seems so weird. But you all can plainly see in the pict example, and that's only one of them.

There are some blocks I "never" use, never did when I played out for 30 years either-like the phaser, rotary, flanger, pitch and others. I am a comp\drive\chorus\quadchorus\delay\multidelay and reverb kind of guy. well, eq;s also.

Thanks for the responses - if anything changes when I re dlwd and re update I'll post back-if not I'll just count myself lucky.

And mine. All were in the mid 80s with cab disabled (for amp/cab) and 92-93 with cab. Some of my patches I have to delete a block to be able to use the cab (not often -so just reload the patch for amp/cab again). Now there pretty much all at 75-76% without cab and 86-88 with - so around 6-8% drop in CPU usage.

Maybe mine went down so drastically because I use a basic setup like I listed above twice----comp\drive\amp\cab\chorus\quad-chorus\delay\multi-delay and reverb .

Thing is I "always" used this setup, since April 2009, on each version of the axe. Now on xl+. So I guess that's it.

Am I the only one not using a zillion FX? well, I know that's not true. I am a blues\R&B and 60's\70's rock player\writer. OK then--- I guess it's only me as far the drastic drop in cpu---Lucky me.

I wish that I knew for sure which block was the culprit? The Amp block went through the most changes obviously, but it has it's own CPU?

I made a test preset today, 2 amp blocks, 2 stereo ultra-res cab blocks with pre-amps on, and 1 reverb block (low quality) .....................over 90%

One Stereo Ultra-res Cab block with all of the bells and whistles possible = over 40%

I got some work to do........

*2* cab blocks? With preamps? The cab block is expensive and those preamps are CPU suckers, IIRC. Doesn't seem to be any mystery there. I thankfully have not bothered with the preamps much since most of my core presets were written before they were around. I think they are a cool capability and have enjpyed poking around with them when I have played with them but I find them unessential; so only use them on specific presets, ditto with the super high quality verb. The room has it's own verb most of the time. :) I also never use more than one cab block, I can mix cabs into an IR if I need four cab sounds @ once.

Hey Moke- kind of important note I left out there......they have gone down, I mean a lot................Not all like I said, but a good 1/3 out of my first 30 presets, which is usually where I stay............when recording...home studio. Never had any below 75% since, well, since I can remember. 75% -82& is my norm, or was. They all have gone done. I have one with 2 amps and 2 cabs and it's only 80%?

The amp & cab in the pict example are Dumble HRM and F11 1x12 Bludo. Hi quality reverb--hi res cab?

What does the front panel say? Just wondering if it is Axe-Edit or an actual drop in CPU...

TT

My pathches went up and as I was working on the limits with a few of my pathces I had to do some serious rework

my CPU went down maybe 3% on my main preset, which was reading 90%+. 2 cab blocks at normal res, 2 amp blocks, as much other stuff as possible.

In Quantum beta, my main lead patch was over the limit. I had to get rid of a block (pitch block) to restore order.

But on Quantum 1.00 ...the patch was significantly lower in CPU ....even after adding back the pitch block. Nice!

This patch has wah, drive, pitch block, phaser, flanger, chorus, 2 amp blks & 2 cab blocks (ultra Rez), 2290 delay, studio rev, multi-delay.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom