1:06 KSE Cover with the Herbie Ch.3. Tone Match Surprise...

nojyeloot

Experienced
Was listening to End of Heartache, and thought, "heck, it'd be fun to learn that." Played around with it using a tone match of Pantera's 101 Proof album's live tone (Herbie Ch.3) I made a few weeks ago and it fit in so well with EoH that I had to track it.

I should probably do a Walk cover too, now that I think about it...

KSE End of Heartache clip with Herbie Ch.3 by NojyelooT on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Didn't think to export the patch before I left this morning. FW 7.00

Thanks man ;)

I use Sonar 8.5 producer, so I put the Boost11 (limiter) on the drum master to keep the snare from clipping [S2.0 Avatar kit with Chris Dunn's preset (amazing)].
Recorded two rhythm tracks, 100% right and left.
One lead track, dead center (splash of Cakewalk's reverb).
Used my Jackson JDR94 for bass (pitched down).
And threw iZotope Ozone3 on the master with the "4 Band Drums With Tighter Low End" preset.

My pickups play a big role in the attack. I use SD Full Shreds and they're monstrous.

EDIT: Oh, ya, and when I export the file as wav, I convert it to MP3 and amplify it with WAVPAD to make that "wall" of sound

Great song choice - I was going to do the same cover this week, but you beat me to it! Agree with the above comments -some lowcut would make a huge improvement. But otherwise, excellent work!

Thanks guys :)

Good advice on that low cut/hi-pass, fellas. I literally learned, recorded, and mixed this in under 20 minutes, so it obviously didn't get the proper attention. I'm going to track all of it pretty soon and you shall have your low cut.

@Harsh - you should still do it!

Back
Top Bottom