02/2011 Patches - Fender/Marshall/Vox/Marsha/Bogner

Scott Peterson

Global Moderator
Vendor
These are patches based off my 'rethink, rework, reboot' thread. That thread is here: http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threa...ng-a-preset-JCM800-Major-Twist-for-ANY-Preset

The thread is complete with context, background information (gear used: PRS Custom 22), screenshots and clip.

Here are my:

Fender Deluxe
Marshall JCM800
Brown
Marsha HBE
Vox AC15/30 Hybrid
Bogner XTC Red Channel

Cab recipes (using Red Wire MixIR):

The Deluxe and Vox use stock cabs.

The XTC Red:
G12MV30 Mix15
Marshall1960A-G12Ms-SM57-CapEdgeOffAxis-5in.wav,0.95
Uberkab-T75V30-R121-Room.wav,0.05

JCM800, Marsha and Brown:
G12M Mix14
Marshall1960A-G12Ms-SM57-CapEdgeOffAxis-5in.wav,0.95
Marshall1960A-G12Ms-4038-Room.wav,0.05

These are for the Ultra. Standard owners can use them, but will need to blank out certain blocks (ie. I use 4 PEQ's as preamp boosts, the Standard has 2 PEQ blocks available).

Presets Here:
View attachment EVH Brown SP.syx
View attachment Deluxe Twd SP.syx
View attachment XTC Red SP.syx
View attachment Marsha HBE SP.syx
View attachment JCM 800 2204 SP.syx
View attachment Vox AC30 SP.syx

Have fun and make music!

Last edited:
Cool. I see you are on a yearly release schedule (I have a folder of your presets marked 2/15/2010). :lol

I've probably mentioned this before, but while I learn from what everybody is doing I rarely am able to drop something in and just use it. You PEQ technique seems to be the exception.

BTW, when I load the JCM patch the cab is set to USER 4. The Marsha and Brown patches are set to USER 9, even though you show all three using the same IR mix. I already had the JCM patch stored away elsewhere in the bank and set to USER4, but I wouldn't expect either AxeEdit or AxeFx to care.

Last edited:
Cool. I see you are on a yearly release schedule (I have a folder of your presets marked 2/15/2010). :lol

I've probably mentioned this before, but while I learn from what everybody is doing I rarely am able to drop something in and just use it. You PEQ technique seems to be the exception.

BTW, when I load the JCM patch the cab is set to USER 4. The Marsha and Brown patches are set to USER 9, even though you show all three using the same IR mix. I already had the JCM patch stored away elsewhere in the bank and set to USER4, but I wouldn't expect either AxeEdit or AxeFx to care.

Good catch. I am using a slight variation on the same formula, but the User4 (as shown) works just as well, so I'd thought I'd simplify it for sharing and just use the one I shared. Not much (if any difference).

Just drop that Mix14 G12M into any slot you prefer and update the cab to that slot.

Aw crap! Can someone tell my wife and kids that I'm ok and love them? I just spent countless hours in the man-cave recording and now that I'm about to leave I see this. :)

Aw crap! Can someone tell my wife and kids that I'm ok and love them? I just spent countless hours in the man-cave recording and now that I'm about to leave I see this. :)

I'm seeing your wife tonight and will tell her that.

Ba da boom!

Pff, sorry.

Darn it Scott, you've made me alter my 10 user cabs again!!!

I had bought into the PEQ Kool-Aid, but thought I could get by with leaving my user cabs alone. Until I tried these two.

Hate to continue picking your brain apart, but was there a reason you stayed with stock cabs on the Fender Deluxe and Vox? Did the formula not work as well with those, or what?

I'm curious because I am thinking of switching out my othere user c's with the formula. Right now, the 10 cabs I have are Bassman, Bogner(your new mix), Mesa/ USA Clean, Basketweave mix, Marshall Greenback(your new mix), Mesa 4x12, Vox Mix, Fender Deluxe, V30 mix, and Hiwatt Fane. All RW based.

Last edited:
Mott said:
Darn it Scott, you've made me alter my 10 user cabs again!!!

I had bought into the PEQ Kool-Aid, but thought I could get by with leaving my user cabs alone. Until I tried these two.

Hate to continue picking your brain apart, but was there a reason you stayed with stock cabs on the Fender Deluxe and Vox? Did the formula not work as well with those, or what?

I'm curious because I am thinking of switching out my othere user c's with the formula. Right now, the 10 cabs I have are Bassman, Bogner(your new mix), Mesa/ USA Clean, Basketweave mix, Marshall Greenback(your new mix), Mesa 4x12, Vox Mix, Fender Deluxe, V30 mix, and Hiwatt Fane. All RW based.

Simple answer. The stock cabs sound good and I preferred them on those presets.

Love the HBE tone in particular.

Scott, regarding the cab (recipe): it's really really (too) bright on my system. Much more than stock 25w or Ownhammer. Almost brittle. It allows use of Euro Red without Bright and with zero Presence, which normally would be much too dark. And I played my Gibson for that matter.
Mental note: must try Cone pos.

Scott,

Question about Levels -

I noticed on the Marsha HBE patch (for example) that you have the following levels set:
0 db - Comp, Wah, PEQ, Cab, Pan Trem
-6db - Phaser1, HBE
-5db - Flanger
-3db - Phaser2, Drive
-12db - Chorus, Rotary
-10db - Multi Dly, Dly
-32db - Reverb

What kind of procedure did you use to determine those levels? Level setting is always a bit of a mystery to me ... any hints would be appreciated.

Thanks ...

Love the HBE tone in particular.

Scott, regarding the cab (recipe): it's really really (too) bright on my system. Much more than stock 25w or Ownhammer. Almost brittle. It allows use of Euro Red without Bright and with zero Presence, which normally would be much too dark. And I played my Gibson for that matter.
Mental note: must try Cone pos.

This is what's working for me. It may or may not work for you. I find it anything but too bright or brittle.

Scott,

Question about Levels -

I noticed on the Marsha HBE patch (for example) that you have the following levels set:
0 db - Comp, Wah, PEQ, Cab, Pan Trem
-6db - Phaser1, HBE
-5db - Flanger
-3db - Phaser2, Drive
-12db - Chorus, Rotary
-10db - Multi Dly, Dly
-32db - Reverb

What kind of procedure did you use to determine those levels? Level setting is always a bit of a mystery to me ... any hints would be appreciated.

Thanks ...

No mystery here, just turned it up till it sounded right and the wet balance was what I wanted. Use my ears and nothing more.

Note that serial routing, you use the mix percentage for your wet/dry. When you mix parallel, you set the mix to 100% WET and use the level to dial it in.

Last edited:
Scott, thank you. Completely digging your patches! I am having some difficulty -- operator error :) -- in modifiying your effects in the patches. For example, in the wah I'm setting the source to 'none' then exiting the parameter to remove the modifier; but, I still can't seem to crack the code with the physical navigation buttons so I can manipulate your store values. Any ideas how I can approach this?

Way to go and thanks again ever so much for sharing!

Scott, thank you. Completely digging your patches! I am having some difficulty -- operator error :) -- in modifiying your effects in the patches. For example, in the wah I'm setting the source to 'none' then exiting the parameter to remove the modifier; but, I still can't seem to crack the code with the physical navigation buttons so I can manipulate your store values. Any ideas how I can approach this?

Way to go and thanks again ever so much for sharing!

Do you mean the controller window? Use the editor to break them down have a look. The modifier curve on the wah is pretty stock; just the 12ms setting and the toe-up 'off' position.

Do you mean the controller window? Use the editor to break them down have a look. The modifier curve on the wah is pretty stock; just the 12ms setting and the toe-up 'off' position.
Yes, perfect, Scott. I turned off all of the controllers and modified. I learned that if I push the 'control' button on the front panel, select the modifier (wah, delay, whatever), then hit 'enter,' I can dive right in and modify effects. For some reason I was stuck not knowing how to mod the mod. Again, thanks. Will be a using a few of your patches tomorrow at rehearsal. Looking forward expecially to how they fit in the mix!

I'm having fun with these patches. One oddity that I've encountered though is that when I start deleting effects blocks, my volume goes to an un-hearable level. It looks like the amp sim volumes are normal so I'm not sure what's going on.

Back
Top Bottom