🆕 Axe-Fx III Cygnus Factory Presets "Enhanced" - Preview 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds great. The new presets are a Gem.

I also want to use this posting as my review.

Until now ive been monitoring this Axe FX3 on Yamaha HS7 Monitors. But I was extra curious to see how this latest firmware sounds on pro audio speakers. I just hooked up my EV EKX 12P mains to the patch bay of my studio and went through some presets.

These mains allows one to hear extremely deep into the audio like a Dynaudio M-Series setup would believe it or not and I highly reccomend these mains. (Believe me these EV speakers sound 70x more expensive than they cost).

I can't believe the axe fx 3 sounds this detailed in sizzle! Its just shocking how real this sounds. I wasnt expecting this at all because my Axe FX 2 sounded like it had some plastic high end but all that is gone in this Axe FX 3. And believe me I would be the first one to bring anything up if sub-par. This AxeFX3 is light years better than any other modeler ive tried so far.

With the Yamaha Speakers it really does have an amp in the other pro studio room feel to it. But with the EV speakers you feel like you are sitting right BESIDE the cabinet in the selected IR.

This setup for me officially renders both real amps, cabs, and considerations for a Kemper completely obsolete.

1622946625592453280591512200202.jpg

Reactions: jon
And its pretty much incredible how drastic of an effect the "air" knob can have even small introducting of it when monitoring on the EVs. Has a whey greater effect on some IRs than others thats for sure.

Last edited:

Until now ive been monitoring this Axe FX3 on Yamaha HS7 Monitors. But I was extra curious to see how this latest firmware sounds on pro audio speakers. I just hooked up my EV EKX 12P mains to the patch bay of my studio and went through some presets.

These mains allows one to hear extremely deep into the audio like a Dynaudio M-Series setup would believe it or not and I highly reccomend these mains. (Believe me these EV speakers sound 70x more expensive than they cost).

I can't believe the axe fx 3 sounds this detailed in sizzle! Its just shocking how real this sounds. I wasnt expecting this at all because my Axe FX 2 sounded like it had some plastic high end but all that is gone in this Axe FX 3. And believe me I would be the first one to bring anything up if sub-par. This AxeFX3 is light years better than any other modeler ive tried so far.

With the Yamaha Speakers it really does have an amp in the other pro studio room feel to it. But with the EV speakers you feel like you are sitting right BESIDE the cabinet in the selected IR.

This setup for me officially renders both real amps, cabs, and considerations for a Kemper completely obsolete.

View attachment 84439
Yeah I have a bunch of different FRFR and the EVs are one of my favorites to play through

Wow - been a while since I've seen a trinity!

View attachment 84439

Hi @FlavAnderson
1/In axe edit, open the preset manager.
2/ from windows explorer, drag the preset bank file to the left hand side of the preset manager and drop it.
From there you can move individual presets around as you like. You can also export them to individual presets and save in a folder for later.
Thanks
Pauly
Thank you!

i just loaded the enhanced presets (ver. C) and i gotta say the Friedman presets 15 and 16(?) (BE100 and HBE) and phenomenal. So good.

Is it me, cuz i'm NOT hearing any excessive dark or low mid over emphasis on these amp blocks...🤔 just insanely great tones.

... EN-presets are awesome!🤘🔥 oh and the Arakis Fremen (from LT?) also very impressive❤️🤘

These presets are absolutely amazing. I’m in heaven - thanks a ton Admin M@!

I did have a question about one of my new favorites, the ‘Bayou Country’ preset. The first scene is no tremolo, and the rest have tremolo engaged - but I can’t see any block for the trem. How is the amp trem engaged on the other scenes? Asking because I’d love to copy that trem block for use with other presets. Thanks!

So I'm starting to tweak some of these preset a bit, and I continue to be blown away! I've been stopping at the ones I like (well, really like, cuz they all sound good, just some not my style), then seeing what the delays & chorus sound like when engaged. Started at the beginning again, and today made it from 38, ODS100 (played that one all day, yesterday) to 56, Ma The Meatloaf, and when I hit S3, I was like, whoa! I guess it's the Pitch Block...just made me stop right there. Engaged both delays & chorus and was loving it for soaring leads. Didn't quite like the amp, so switching it, I made it all the way into the "A's" (haha, not very far), Angle Severe 1, rolled off a little OD, saved it, and I've got another favorite. These presets are DA SHIT!

So I'm starting to tweak some of these preset a bit, and I continue to be blown away! I've been stopping at the ones I like (well, really like, cuz they all sound good, just some not my style), then seeing what the delays & chorus sound like when engaged. Started at the beginning again, and today made it from 38, ODS100 (played that one all day, yesterday) to 56, Ma The Meatloaf, and when I hit S3, I was like, whoa! I guess it's the Pitch Block...just made me stop right there. Engaged both delays & chorus and was loving it for soaring leads. Didn't quite like the amp, so switching it, I made it all the way into the "A's" (haha, not very far), Angle Severe 1, rolled off a little OD, saved it, and I've got another favorite. These presets are DA SHIT!
The Engl Savage 1 and 2 took a lot of my time yesterday such awesome tones in those

I think that one's from Fremen (#121). LT has a preset near that one - LEON'S LIVE (#125).
Indeed, the Arrakis one is mine ;) in case you missed the demo :

And Brett Kingman also recorded one :

Now, one thing about this preset. Those who purchase my presets packs (*) knows that I use custom IRs. For this one, of course, I had to use factory cabs. Well, check the cab block! I used two YA IRs in channel A, which is used in all scenes ; BUT, there are also OH and ML options in channels B and C - you can check which one you like the best and select it in all scenes :) I would be curious to know which of the three cab options is your favorite?

(*) this preset combines two of of my commercial presets : the lead tone (with the "haunting delays") of "TDR Looper lead", and the synth drones from "Chords pad 1"

Indeed, the Arrakis one is mine ;) in case you missed the demo :

Now, one thing about this preset. Those who purchase my presets packs (*) knows that I use custom IRs. For this one, of course, I had to use factory cabs. Well, check the cab block! I used two YA IRs in channel A, which is used in all scenes ; BUT, there are also OH and ML options in channels B and C - you can check which one you like the best and select it in all scenes :) I would be curious to know which of the three cab options is your favorite?

(*) this preset combines two of of my commercial presets : the lead tone (with the "haunting delays") of "TDR Looper lead", and the synth drones from "Chords pad 1"

thank you! it's so good :cool: :cool: 👏👏

Spandex & Hairspray is dangerous, I actually stopped eating because of it!

That first scene (Dad Rock) cleans up to the most crisp cleans, it gives me that GnR Knocking on Heavens Door clean tone on my LP neck humbucker. Then when you give the guitar volume more gas it goes into meat mode and I can't stop playing! Such a nice mix of effects with a slight touch of tri-chorus!

Love the other scenes as well but I haven't spent a lot of time with them yet, I should go cook food for the kids who are really hungry now......

That first scene (Dad Rock) cleans up to the most crisp cleans, it gives me that GnR Knocking on Heavens Door clean tone on my LP neck humbucker. Then when you give the guitar volume more gas it goes into meat mode and I can't stop playing! Such a nice mix of effects with a slight touch of tri-chorus!

Love the other scenes as well but I haven't spent a lot of time with them yet, I should go cook food for the kids who are really hungry now......
You're not wrong. I hadn't gotten up to the 300s....thanks for the pointer.

Love the NWOBHM scene, but they're all good.

This is the first preset in the post-Cygnus world that got me too. For me, scene 2 (80s Revisited) and that awesome pitch shifting had me playing for hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom