🆕 Axe-Fx III Cygnus Factory Presets "Enhanced" - Preview 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey there, i got a question about preset leveling. Now i do it this way:

On the front panel, i select to the amp in the scene and edit it:
  • When in the "Home" panel view (with the scenes on screen), choose layout with knob "B"
  • Choose AMP and select button EDIT
  • Go with PAGE button -> right to last page "Advanced"
  • Go all the way down to "Output" and the adjust the level. i do that in every scene by selecting the scene with the footcontroller.

Result:
It works really quickly to level the scenes in the preset, but somehow it slightly adjusts the clarity in the tone (Leveling with headphones on).
I can't explain what clarity really means, but i presume the word itself makes sense.

My question:
Is this the way to level presets with the frontpanel or is there another technique/option?
I know the option in Axe-edit in menu "Tools" option "Preset leveling ", but the question is for frontpanel leveling

Sorry for hijacking this thread, but with the new presets there will be some work on the leveling again.

Cheers
Output level is in the bottom right position of many but not all amp block pages on the unit.
You can also add it to the performance page(s), if you don't have it there already.
There's no dedicated leveling tool on the unit that I'm aware of, I could be wrong.

It is possible to add a subtle enhancement to most presets by adding a Preamp in High Quality Mode at the Cab block. e.g.: to the preset "Cork Sniffers" add Vintage Pre, with Drive around 4 and Saturation around 3 (only for genuine corksniffers that appreciate fine aromas). For other presets I normally use FET or Tape

That is what I'm playing right now, and I cannot move to another preset

I'd vote "no"....

These non-stop improvements,enhancements, and pushing the boundaries to the next level are why Fractal smokes the competition. I knew I was getting something great 2 years ago with the AFX3. I didn’t know it would continue to be the greatest, and develop into something even more mind blowing as time went on. Fractal amazes me with how it sustains the pace and commitment to being world class. It’s a testament to dedication, involvement and honest desire to bringing the best. There really is nothing close to the AFX3 in my mind, and I’ve given them all a fair shake. Leon’s Neural QC review just summed it all up best. Everything else is “OK”. But it’s definitely not in this class. None of them are. There’s Fractal, and then there’s everything else.

Thanks again for all your work, Matt – waking up to another update is the best way to start the day.

It’s drab and rainy outside, but the view from inside my headphones is glorious.

Thank you!.
Does this update adjust the settings in the Super Reverb that were suggested by Cliff?
Super Reverb preset adjustment
No big deal, but I use that amp a lot.

Edit-
I see another scene was added to the preset? I am assuming theses settings were updated. Thanks.
Excursion Time:
Recovery Time:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom