“Like a Stone” Whammy

Thanks for sharing. I am trying this for my XL with the FracTool but its not working. Can someone help or convert it for me.
Thanks ......Fractool is showing it cant open it.

sounds good. i think the delay mix can come up, but the number of repeats turned down. especially that last climbing part, the delay is pretty strong on the recording and adds to the solo.

i've been using a Control Switch instead of a pedal for this, adjusting the damping for the bend timing. i can't slow it down for some of the notes, but overall it's fine and i don't need a 2nd expression pedal. i do the same for Wah. so convenient!!

I do the same thing with a piano sustain pedal, style that looks like a proper sustain pedal. Bit larger size makes it’s easier to find under foot and by adjusting the dampening per preset I can have it do things like slow swells or fast wah sweeps etc. easier than sweeping an actual expression pedal in some cases and more consistent too.

Sometimes I use it for slow/fast changes too when holding it down. Certainly cheaper than an exp pedal too

I have 3 real expression pedals, one being spring loaded, then one sustain pedal I use as an expression, and 2 I use for dedicated looper control.

Fractal gear is certainly not lacking for means of control, and really the sky is the limit with regards to what you can make all these pedals and switches control. Sometimes just need to get out of the hardware mindset where you couldn’t assign parameters to most knobs. Likewise, you don’t need one pedal to control just one thing, you can assign lots of parameters to one pedal. For example I like to increase the rotary mix as I increase the speed so it’s faster and more intense, and a single pedal sweep does that, with a little dampening so it has a proper sounding lag time like the real deal when the motor ramps up the speed.

It’s funny, back in the 90s I had this silly little thing called a 3rd hand or something like that. It was a foot pedal with a mechanical shaft that you attached to a knob, so when you moved the pedal it would twist the knob. It slipped a lot and kind of sucked lol. But, it did give foot control to a parameter of my choice so I loved it.

Fast forward to today and anything and everything can be controlled by foot, by envelopes, by lfos etc.

Great time to be a guitarist

I reuploaded it in my original post - perhaps try again if you have a moment? Thanks!
Thanks for re uploading it but I still get the error message. I even tried thru the Axe-Manage presets and opened my download folder and it didn't even show up as a choice.

Thanks for re uploading it but I still get the error message. I even tried thru the Axe-Manage presets and opened my download folder and it didn't even show up as a choice.

No idea then. Bummer. I uploaded another one in the preset exchange section for AX8 for Candlebox - maybe you could see if its the same deal if you have a minute. Sorry its not working!

I'm getting unsupported file type with ax8 also. BUMMER
Weird - had this problem since I tried posting it, but here it is again...I moved it to a new preset in my AX8 and then exported - maybe where it was got corrupt or something...hopefully it works (although, I don't have any issues playing through it on my system - might be a Mac thing maybe). Let me know if this works if you get a chance.

Attachments

• BCLike A Stone.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 50
Weird - had this problem since I tried posting it, but here it is again...I moved it to a new preset in my AX8 and then exported - maybe where it was got corrupt or something...hopefully it works (although, I don't have any issues playing through it on my system - might be a Mac thing maybe). Let me know if this works if you get a chance.

Hey it worked!! Thanks!

Funny thing I was just toying with this song yesterday after years of not playing it. The only thing that bothers me is those weird artifacts once you do some vibrato, even a slight touch of it. I don't recall my Digitech Whammy IV or the Nova System's Pitch block having this behavior.

I know the Pitch block hasn't been the AX8's forte, but if somehow the upcoming Ares update improves it, it'll be just awesome. I've heard the AFXIII's Pitch block and it really is one step beyond.

Funny thing I was just toying with this song yesterday after years of not playing it. The only thing that bothers me is those weird artifacts once you do some vibrato, even a slight touch of it. I don't recall my Digitech Whammy IV or the Nova System's Pitch block having this behavior.

I know the Pitch block hasn't been the AX8's forte, but if somehow the upcoming Ares update improves it, it'll be just awesome. I've heard the AFXIII's Pitch block and it really is one step beyond.
Yeah - on its own its kinda weird but in the mix it worked out pretty good especially in the bar I played it in. Lol. Definitely hear what you’re talking about.

Back
Top Bottom