“Like a Stone” Whammy

Brian Coonan

Power User
Hi guys - I have to play this song in a few weeks and I was messing around with the pitch block - I think this will get me through, especially in a mix but thought I'd throw it out for some feedback - let me know what you think!

Edit: Added the preset. Scene 1 is the verse, Scene 2 is the chorus, Scene 3 is the lead. Whammy controlled by External 1 expression pedal. :)

Attachments

• Like A Stone.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:
Really close!! If not spot on for an audience.

I was thinking the other day about what would Morello do with a Fractal. I’m sure he’d turn his nose up at it because it’s too easy. But he’d be closing his mind to all of the possibilities to be even more creative.

Your vibrato sneaks it’s way thru in that track. I’m not sure I can remember Tom using any ever. Not to say he can’t, just can’t recall a tune that you can hear it. Just not his thing.

Did you create the preset using AX8?

Axe-Fx II, III or AX8?
I’ll move it to the correct forum section.

Really close!! If not spot on for an audience.

I was thinking the other day about what would Morello do with a Fractal. I’m sure he’d turn his nose up at it because it’s too easy. But he’d be closing his mind to all of the possibilities to be even more creative.

Your vibrato sneaks it’s way thru in that track. I’m not sure I can remember Tom using any ever. Not to say he can’t, just can’t recall a tune that you can hear it. Just not his thing.

Did you create the preset using AX8?

Oh yeah, I should have specified this is with the AX8 - using the Cl Whammy up 2 octaves and a few tweaks in the pitch block to help smooth it out. It wasn't as responsive as I wanted, mainly on the last run before it's going to go back into vocals, but I'm sure the general public won't be too concerned. Few more tweaks to things are probably needed though. Thanks for listening and your comments!

sounds good. i think the delay mix can come up, but the number of repeats turned down. especially that last climbing part, the delay is pretty strong on the recording and adds to the solo.

i've been using a Control Switch instead of a pedal for this, adjusting the damping for the bend timing. i can't slow it down for some of the notes, but overall it's fine and i don't need a 2nd expression pedal. i do the same for Wah. so convenient!!

sounds good. i think the delay mix can come up, but the number of repeats turned down. especially that last climbing part, the delay is pretty strong on the recording and adds to the solo.

i've been using a Control Switch instead of a pedal for this, adjusting the damping for the bend timing. i can't slow it down for some of the notes, but overall it's fine and i don't need a 2nd expression pedal. i do the same for Wah. so convenient!!

Thanks for the feedback man! Will take a listen and make some adjustments. :)

I think you should go slower on the expression pedal , let that shift go a little slower on some of the notes. It would give it just that little extra

I think you should go slower on the expression pedal , let that shift go a little slower on some of the notes. It would give it just that little extra
Thanks - thats what I was talking about with the ‘responsiveness’. I couldn’t quite get it how I thought it should be but still working on it. I agree with you

Back
Top Bottom