“CabLab 3 cannot be opened” apple message

stereotactic

Experienced
Updated to newest stand alone version from fractal store and got this:

9AA015B0-4D5A-438C-8070-CA6E65D675B5.jpegAnybody else get this? What do I do?

Thanks in advance for any help!

So now I got Cab-Lab working (I got one of these fancy M1Pro MacBooks) but now the plugin won't load?
It's not a biggie I guess but still...

I'd imagine it would be fine in here, no? It's pretty much the same problem, but unfortunately the solution that resolves the issue for the standalone version won't work with the plugin version.

I'm encountering the same issue (M1 MacBook Air), Cubase or Logic won't recognise the plugin and gives the same "malicious software" error message when it scans for it. I've tried the above link but you can't really right-click and open on a plugin as there is no associated default program (and Cubase/Logic are greyed out when you try and open the file with a specific program). Also, going to Security & Privacy settings and clicking "Open Anyway" doesn't appear to do anything.

So unless I'm missing something, there doesn't appear to be a way to use the plugin version on an M1 Mac?

So now I got Cab-Lab working (I got one of these fancy M1Pro MacBooks) but now the plugin won't load?
It's not a biggie I guess but still...
I don't have Cab-Lab, but I've seen this problem with old plugins that are using an obsolete sdk. You can do a codesign -dv on the .component file from a terminal window and that might shed some light on what the problem is. No matter what the problem is though, this will probably require FAS to fix it before you can use the plugin.

Yeah thanks. It's not really a big one because I don't really use it now I've found my IR of choice though I can imagine it being handy for revamping in the future.
The stand alone works fine now and that will do.

I got the plug-in working in Logic (OS X):
1) When you install the plugin, click the folder icon for components and drag the file into the folder. This will instal the component. Repeat for both files.
2) Open Logic and then plugin manager and cross for use plugin
3) Open a project and open the plugin. Mine was in a folder labeled incompatible.
4) When you get the message that it can't be opened, go to system settings and privacy/securitysettings and OK it there.
5) Activate as normal.

Not sure if this will work in other daws, but I'm guessing it will be a similar.

Cheers, Lars

Back
Top Bottom