Wish “About Tab”

Fractivator

Just had a thought to help those of us on our journey of discovery with AFX 3...why not add an “about” tab into Axe Edit to explain about the functions and other details of each block...for example...what does “Formant” do? Well if when scrolling the blocks, one could go one level deeper and hit the “about” tab that would open a page (which could contain video segments etc) dedicated solely to that block with full explanation and adjustment parameters explained, how to use, signal chain applications etc??3D272DCA-D371-44E0-BC70-33CF359E92B3.jpeg

Thanks - yes I have used the manual etc. I just thought that might be a convenient addition to add right into the Axe Edit (in the future)… :)

Doesn’t seem that much of a time saver over just having the manual PDF on your pc and clicking that tab when you want to know what something does.....

about tab isn’t a bad idea, but it would be a good bit of work to implement, and if we already have all the info in an easy to access place as is, don’t know how high in the FAS scale of importance it would be ranked.....

[What @lqdsnddist said. Was just writing...]

It wouldn't be a small effort and maintenance would be a pain to maintain double documentation (even the official manual has a delay in being updated).

However, I would imagine a link to an appropriate (bookmarked?) section in the official online pdf manual (or wiki) could be done with less effort, tho I don't know the technical challenges of doing it.

I also imagine something like this is already on the AE3 wish list...

[What @lqdsnddist said. Was just writing...]

It wouldn't be a small effort and maintenance would be a pain to maintain double documentation (even the official manual has a delay in being updated).

However, I would imagine a link to an appropriate (bookmarked?) section in the official online pdf manual (or wiki) could be done with less effort, tho I don't know the technical challenges of doing it.

I also imagine something like this is already on the AE3 wish list...
A link to the existing material would be a great way to start. Just an idea as it would simplify opening and scrolling through the huge pdf manual. I appreciate this would take resource to implement but seems to me to be a tidy approach to add more info when you’re curious about “what does this thingy do?”

There is a long standing "plan" to have the status bar at the bottom display text about each parameter. There always seems to be a higher priority item to attend to.

There is a long standing "plan" to have the status bar at the bottom display text about each parameter. There always seems to be a higher priority item to attend to.
Sounds like the 'tidy up and declutter the garage' task around these parts. The boss lady always seems to have 754673224799544678754468 higher priority tasks for me, most of which require the tools and materials I can't access in the garage due to the aforementioned issue.

Adobe has a function that lets you bookmark particular places in a PDF, and there is already a wish for 'tooltips' or something similar with links back to the page in the PDF buried in the wish list. :)

I just keep the pdf manual for the FC and Axe open, and on the table of contents page. If I want to see how something works, I can quickly see the page I go to....

So it’s like “hmmm, maybe I want an enhanced block.... how does that work....?” And I look at the PDF manual table of contents under blocks and I see “ahh, enhanced is page 64” and read that page.

not as effortless as having a pop up, but still right.

I will also say that sometimes the “best” information is actually the forum or wiki too. Manual is great but sometimes a thread might have lots of responses from Cliff etc and really go into more detail.

As such, I don’t think it would be realistic to have pop up manual, wiki, forum posting etc, much less up to date, so would the pop up really solve many issues, or just add to confusion if something was out of date like a mix law on a delay etc.

new firmware is doing one thing, but the pop up on the knob says it works differently....

Back
Top Bottom