üBer-hip SouNds fOr mOdERn Guitar

protocosm

Inspired
Poolguitarblog: üBer-hip SouNds fOr mOdERn Guitar

Last I week I got this lesson series. Been missing some sleep watching them. Love his tone and touch.
New Chuck D'aloia lesson downloads.
If you have already seen the series of lessons called "Blues with brains" you know exactly what I'm talking about. All the samples are beautifully played and the explanation is clear. Take the basic blues scale and tweak a few notes and there you have it. Of course you still have to watch, listen and practice yourself, but with over 2 hours of film you're bound to move your sound towards D'Aloialand!

Yes, I bought Chuck's "Blues for Brains" series last year.

It is really good, and just a word to newcomers, you have to persevere with it. It is a LONG course, so it is best if you discipline yourself to do like 15 minutes a day, and keep coming back to it, practicing and revising.

Some really good tips and snippets of information in there, but I do think that sometimes, Chuck plays and noodles for just a little too long. I think the course would be a LOT better if he just cut back on his playing time about 20% and used the time to go a bit more 'in depth' in some of his explanations, or even REPEAT some things, because I found that sometimes he would explain a simple concept very slowly, then very quickly throw in something really cool almost as an afterthough. If you are distracted, you will miss it! :)

But overall, I think it is a great learning series for anyone who is interested in Blues, and sick of just playing in the 'pentatonic box' like I was when I got it. Some good material in there to expand your playing and your ideas.

Back
Top Bottom