austinbuddy
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Check out my 3 new Cab Packs now available in the Fractal Store! 1. Vintage Black & Tweed, 2. Cool and Rare, and 3. Fantastic 2X12s!
    Hi, Austinbuddy....I just wanted to thank you for the AWESOME advice on the Roy Buchanan Preset you gave me! It really works well! Any help for some Danny Gatton ideas for my franken-Tele with Barden's would also be great, but, again, I just wanted to thank you for the help with the Buchanan preset!
    Greg
    Hi Austin ,
    I m writing you this message on the forum and hope you don t mind ,
    I m not a fractal user since a long time but i d like to know if you would accept to create two presets for me for two tones from Chris Isaak
    "Blue hotel " and "Lie to me " for m'y XL+
    I ve already sent you an email ,
    Hope you ll give an answer and accept ,
    Tell me and eventually your price
    Many thanks
    Fabrice
    Moke
    Moke
    Hey Fabrice, does this mean that you would like me to not work on those tones for you?
    austinbuddy
    austinbuddy
    Hi Fabrice: Not sure I got your email? Really don't do custom preset work for hire, unless working with an artist before a tour, that's when I make exceptions for that and financially worthwhile.

There is a wealth of info on the internet about people's rigs (Premiere Guitar's rig rundown) that helps get 80% of the way there... does Isaak have one?

Moke may be your guy. Good luck!
    Hi purchased pack and have installed classic rock & blues into Fx2 but the No Brown M&M's is missing ? Any ideas thnaks
    austinbuddy
    austinbuddy
    ? That's weird. Will check it out. I can send it to you as preset to your email from your order. I will check to see what Fractal unit version you have. I am away from my workstation so can't do it right now, but will do it tonight. Okay? Thanks. If you need to email me use heybuddy@austinbuddy.com. Enjoy the preset pack!
    Hi Buddy, very much looking forward to your next preset pack, I can't wait to pick that up! I have been loving the naked presets as you know.
    I use your EJ preset so often, I can't wait to try the new version of it you just talked about!! Chomping at the bit for that one! Thank you for all you do!
    Reactions: austinbuddy
    austinbuddy
    austinbuddy
    Thanks Manny! No firm future preset pack plans yet; really focused on making sure the 700+ Naked Amps TonePack gets to as many Fractal users as we can. We aren't even at 200 customers yet, thousands of users -- so still marketing and much "spread the word" work to be done. May just post the latest EJ presets to Axe-Change once done. Cheers!
    So lately I am working an a set of raw amp banks demonstrating for every amp channel in the AXE FX/AX8...
    Austin ,-
    i set up the AX8 and the loop a lator as u said to , many thanks sounds killer.
    just was wondering how to keep the level on the AX8 from being in the RED on every preset?
    i have the 2 outputs on the AX8 turned up full, as i've been informed to do so using the 4CM , but all mine seem to clip in the red?

Any ideas?

Davey .
    austinbuddy
    austinbuddy
    I would not necessarily turn up the outputs 100% at all. I would have them at noon or 2:00. Try that and clipping should stop/imrpove... There is also a way in the software, input/ouput section I think, where you can globally reduce the output of the AXE8 in -db terms....let me know, good luck!
    austinbuddy
    austinbuddy
    by the way I had tried to send more detailed instructions but the forum keep saying i was over word limit! glad you figured out the connections with my 'edited" version :)
    Hi -
    Could you confirm this is THE way to setup my Dumble ODS with the bludo loop a lator and AX8 using the 4CM.

Preamp Out on the amp to the Bludo Loop INPUT, the Loop OUT will go to your Amps Power Amp IN.

AX8 :
    Guitar to INPUT on AX8
    SEND from the Loop-a-lator to AX8 IN 2 Left
    AX8 OUT 1 Left to Loop-a-lator RETURN
    AX8 OUT 2 Left to your Amp's INPUT

Davey .
    austinbuddy
    austinbuddy
    run the AXE8 in MONO output (L+R SUM) in the I/O config page.

Guitar into AX8 input

from PRE OUT L/MONO, go into the Bludo Amp input (use normal. not FET)

Then Cable from AX8 IN POST to the SEND on the loop a lator

Then, Cable from the AXE8 Out POST Left/Mono to the RETURN on the Loop a lator.

Now, you have to configure presets accordingly as PRE and POST
    Lately I am digging the Dirty Shirley amp model...and the '55 Tweed paired with the Hawaii 1x12 factory cab...
    Hi from Tokyo,Japan.
    I really like your Dumble Patch.
    I made Robben Tone sound uploaded to Youtube.
    Axe Fx II Robben Tone Comparison - YouTube
    Hi Buddy!

Thierry from Dweezillas here...
    I noticed in your signature that you have 4 A/B switches.
    I guess you plug them in the 1+2 &nd 3+4 switches on the MFC?
    I want ot add a few of those switches to be able to select a few things (like the acoustic guitar patch I need about everywhere, or to do a few X/Y things), but I'm wondering what kind of switches to use. So where did you get yours ?
    Thanks!
    Reactions: austinbuddy
    austinbuddy
    austinbuddy
    Thierry - 1 five year old message I just noticed! Hadn't understood this part of forum I guess. So sorry! Hope you are well. Yes, I bought the extension for MFC with four switches and use that with mine for those four switches. Be well!
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom