Fractal Audio Systems Forum

Toopy14
Toopy14
I know Michael well...as well as you can know someone virtually. I used to exchange emails with him all the time and occasionally, phone calls. No, the issue is not on your end, it's been dead for a while. Sadly, it looks like all the information is gone too, which is a real shame if it is.
B
Bandolier
Damn, that's such a shame, that was such a great resource. I picked up a guitar thanks to that bloke and learned a whole bunch of great U2 songs in their entirety playing along with his lessons, he did such a meticulous job. Wish I could buy him a beer!
I've seen your callsign pretty frequently too actually, what's your story mate? Ontario? I've visited a number of places in Canada, absolutely loved it!
Toopy14
Toopy14
My fee for all of Michael's help over the years, is slices of pizza. I need to get to New York someday so I can pay my debt. Probably have to buy him the whole pizza shop!
Toopy14
Toopy14
I live just over an hour north-east of Toronto. I grew up in northern Ontario. Where are you from?

I picked up a guitar for the first time at 41...16 years ago now. Took lessons for about a year, then found the U2 Yahoo Group, with Michael, Edo, Mick, Phil and all the others. Thanks to them and recently, Edo's presets and Nate's tabs, I've learned about 40 U2 songs.
B
Bandolier
I'm from Australia, married a yank & live in the Lehigh Valley, PA now and love it here! I just purchased a pack of Edo's presets last week actually, these are phenomenal mate. It's made playing just exponentially more enjoyable, and yeah Nate's tabs too, I have printed and filed nearly all of them now, again just such great work all these guys have put into making this stuff available to learn with!
B
Bandolier
Good for you man, 40 songs?! nice goin'!!
Toopy14
Toopy14
That's a beautiful part of the U.S.

His presets are expensive, but worth every penny. I used to spend countless hours tweaking and not playing. With Edo's presets, I just plug and play, using headphones or amps. Don't need to touch a thing.

What Fractal unit(s) do you own?
B
Bandolier
That is the conclusion I came to also, better to spend that time playing and learning the songs rather than train myself to become a sound effects engineer first!
I currently have an AXE FX II, have briefly considered selling it and grabbing the AXE III but again, I think its best I just master what I can with what I have and go from there.
How bout you mate, what do you use?
Toopy14
Toopy14
I have the II and the AX8. I also considered the III, but as I mentioned, I really don't want to spend time re-tweaking all my presets and I don't want to buy them again. I asked Edo if he was considering an upgrade option, but no reply. He did tell me one other time, that because I mostly play though my AC4 or AC30, there's no reason to upgrade to the III.
Toopy14
Toopy14
I am curious though to see if it sounds or feels any better through headphones. I mean where does it end though, at some point Cliff has to reach the point of diminishing returns and the difference, which most would never be able to notice, won't be worth the effort and cost of development.
Back
Top Bottom