Fractal Audio Systems Forum

<MACHINE>
<MACHINE>
I think you mean Where The Hell am I, not What The Hell am I cuz we already know I'm a Machine LOL

So here I am:
N 34 15 28.003
W 118 19 34.669
GuitarDojo
GuitarDojo
I see you now
<MACHINE>
<MACHINE>
LOL!!!

I bought an Atomic CLR passive cab. It'll be here tomorrow.

I don't have an Axe yet as I've got a Line6 Helix board (gasp).
At the time when I decided to get back into digital, I couldn't outright afford an Axe, so I got a Helix on payments at zzounds.
<MACHINE>
<MACHINE>
I was mainly just using it for routing and effects with my 6505+... as out of laziness I didn't have too much success with FRFR (Pair of Event TR-6's). But I came across a Bryston power amp with some PMC speakers (FREE!! (believe it or not (long story bla bla bla))) and decided to give a thorough try (also motivated by some promising internet examples).
<MACHINE>
<MACHINE>
Well this thing really does sound pretty damn good. I worked long and hard and came up with a amazingly close in the room tone to my 6505+. Obviously there are differences...but shit man..this pushed me over the edge. I now - know- it can be done, whereas before (even with the Axes I've had) I wasn't ever truly satisfied.
<MACHINE>
<MACHINE>
So I wanted to up the game and initially I can afford one CLR to run the helix through (have a nice QSC PLX1104 power amp and will only be using it in one location on speaker stands so didn't go for active). I'll sell other stuff off and get an Axe and another CLR
(oh and an MFC-101 too) ASAP...GAS has hit HARD!!!!!
<MACHINE>
<MACHINE>
Cancel all the above... The CLR is going back. I tried everything. The boxy cardboard sound can't be dialed out...and this is what I hate about FRFR.
<MACHINE>
<MACHINE>
The sound through the Bryston/PMC rig does sound pretty good at low volumes..and really, to me.. better than the CLR (The CLR just magnifies the boxy cardboard sound)...but continual A/B'ng leaves me underwhelmed at FRFR compared to real speakers. And it's not the source as I dig the sound of the Helix Amps through the QSC PLX into real Speakers.
<MACHINE>
<MACHINE>
Only real speakers deliver the goods for me...so I'll stick with my amps for now LOLOLOL!!!
<MACHINE>
<MACHINE>
Did you not find my story interesting?
Back
Top Bottom