Live: Dutch Axe-Fest

Thanks for sharing the piccys and updates everyone... I'd have loved to drift across the river (had gigs etc) but enjoyed the updates :encouragement:

Anand's demo preset (Atomic, Tube Drive, circular delay) is attached to this post.

Unzip it.

- I swapped the user cab for the (comparable) stock RW Uber V30, with R121 mic model
- Wah: External 1
- Removed the Externals for Drive and Delay.

EDIT: for leads, increase Input Gain in the Delay to 40.

Attachments

• Anand.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
Anand's demo preset (Atomic, Tube Drive, circular delay) is attached to this post.

Unzip it.

- I swapped the user cab for the (comparable) stock RW Uber V30, with R121 mic model
- Wah: External 1
- Removed the Externals for Drive and Delay anymore

Great! Anand's "Preset nr. 80" from the Dutch Axe-Fest.

Live build in 5 mins, from a blank slate, plain and simple (w/o much advanced params) and then give a killer performance away over a backing track of Steve Vai's For The Love Of God.
He showed that's what Fractal is, period.

Now nothing is in the way to play the big stages.....
If you have an 8 string and Anand's fingers that is ;)

A clip of Anand Mahangoe's presentation during Axe-Fest - The Dutch Edition 2013 @ Wisseloord Studio's:

Personally I really enjoyed his presentation! I loved his "lazy guitarist" ;-) approach with the Axe-FX!!! I'm def going to try and use his train of thought on some of my presets.

Wooooow GREAT playing and Sound !! Awesome

Live build in 5 mins, from a blank slate, plain and simple (w/o much advanced params) and then give a killer performance away over a backing track of Steve Vai's For The Love Of God.
He showed that's what Fractal is, period.

Don't believe me on my blue eyes ;)

Here vv

A clip of Anand Mahangoe's presentation during Axe-Fest - The Dutch Edition 2013 @ Wisseloord Studio's:

Personally I really enjoyed his presentation! I loved his "lazy guitarist" ;-) approach with the Axe-FX!!! I'm def going to try and use his train of thought on some of my presets.

Thanks LJ.

What was he playing through?

Lol, pretty clear it was getting late and we were improvising at that stage, sometimes forgetting to use the mic.
Also it was the only time during the event AE didn't keep up, kept quitting (timing out).

But truly an awesome performance by Anand. He just did it there on the spot. Playing an almost default Atomic model, with an almost default Cab block (with RW IR), and a stock Wah model. Amazing.

BTW, there were more people in the room than you can see here.

Last edited:
What was he playing through?

HK Audio I believe. He didn't use monitoring, just listened to the FOH speakers, off stage.

On stage we did have sound system monitors, plus my CLRs, and there were Matrix cabs for a comparison session, powered by my GT1000fx.
Kindly provided by G66, through GibsonLesPaul's efforts.

Last edited:
-The silent switches on the MFC-101 Mk3 were not that much more silent than I expected. The click is gone, but I think I'd prefer having it there just so I can feel I engaged something.

I also tested it by hand, but I found them actually very quiet at first sight, compared to the previous releases. Ideal for small gigs! The "click loss" is a temporary thing, something that pays off in the long run. Also the switches and display shows everything you need. I currently own a FCB1010, so when upgrading to the MFC MKIII, i still got the same feeling, when i press switches, which is a plus!

This events looks awesome!!
Thanks so much for posting updates!

I would have loved to been there, for sure

Do you know which model off hand?

Just wondering because they sound pretty damn good through the video.

2x HK Audio CDR210c
4x HK Audio CTR108.
Mixing console Allen & Heath Mix Wizard WZ4 16:2.
Monitoring 2x HK Audio D.A.R.T. active.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met behulp van Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: LVC
Back
Top Bottom