Axe Fest - The Dutch Version, 30 november 2013 @ Wisseloord Studio's, Hilversum

Possibly a stupid question (although I'm sure I could come up with even stupider ones if I really tried), but would there be a possibility to bring a guitar and one of my presets on a USB stick so I might hear what it sounds like through a CLR (if someone brings one along) / whatever Matrix is bringing to the party? Or is it all presentations and demos?

Word on the street: There's gonna be a videocamera, so maybe you won't be missing everything. :)

cheers,
Cris

Really great Cris that you gonna make a video-registration that day!
Somebody wants to bring in a 2nd videocamera on a stand so we have more angles for the video?
Please shoot a PM to me.

I'm interested in a comparison of foot controllers.

I would like to see a comparison between these;
MFC-101
Gordius Big Little Giant
Liquid Foot Pro+
The first two would be no problem but the only person I know who has the LF Pro + is Voes and he's not coming :miserable:

It would be interesting to see how a setup is handled by for each controller, ease of use, programming possibilities...

Another thing that could be interesting is how to use the Axe-FX in various setups:
- with pëzo's
- 4cfm
- with other units like the VG-99...

Gentlemen, I'll be doing 4 blocks of presentations on Axe-Fest. Let's see what you want to be on the agenda. I've listed possible topics below.
The topics have to be interesting for all attenders.

A. SETUP
Global parameters, I/O menu settings.
Connecting front / rear.
VAFAM breakout panel.
Add a pedal in the loop.
Mono / stereo settings/setup.
"Cleaning" your Axe-Fx configuration.
Connecting multiple instruments.
Connecting FR / poweramp+cab.
Troubleshooting: demoing preset problems, FAQ.
Input / output levels.
Demo: how to adjust LFR with a real cab.

B. CONTROLLERS
MFC possibilities.
How to use external controllers.
How to use scene controllers.
Making a pedal do double duty.

C. SOFTWARE: AE, Fractal-Bot, Cab-Lab
Demoing AE: load/import, export, copy/swap xy, scenes, block library, global blocks, controllers
Demoing the Bot: presets/banks/IRs, backup/restore
Demoing Cab-Lab: mixing IRs.

D. AMPS and CABS
Parameter walk-through.
Authentic / smooth etc.
IRs.
Demo: how to adjust LFR with a real cab.
HiCut/LoCut.

E. BUILDING A PRESET (with AE)
Mono / stereo.
Parallel / serial routing.
Levels.
How to use external controllers, scene controllers.
Gate.
Spillover.
Send/Return.

What are your preferences? Other suggestions? Maybe live tone matching.

All interesting.
But if I had to choose I would say A,C,D,E
Live Tone Matching very interesting!

Concerning the Setup or Amps, clarify the "what to do" after FW-Update, resetting Amps etc.

Reactions: yek
New program topic: "Try and Hear"

Besides demo's and presentations, there will be a possibility that day to try it for yourself.
So when you bring your own guitar you can hear how it sounds and feels over the Fraxtal Axe!

We can dial in your favorite amp, an effect, or you bring your own patch on an usb-stick and hear it over different cabs.
There are a few slots of 10 mins. available so when you want to try, just shoot a PM to me here!

Gear available to hear:
Fractal Axe-FX II
Matrix GT1000FX
Matrix CFR12
Atomic CLR
Port City Wave 1x12
Port City Wave 2x12

Last edited:
Gentlemen, I'll be doing 4 blocks of presentations on Axe-Fest. Let's see what you want to be on the agenda. I've listed possible topics below. The topics have to be interesting for all attenders. A. SETUP Global parameters, I/O menu settings. Connecting front / rear. VAFAM breakout panel. Add a pedal in the loop. Mono / stereo settings/setup. "Cleaning" your Axe-Fx configuration. Connecting multiple instruments. Connecting FR / poweramp+cab. Troubleshooting: demoing preset problems, FAQ. Input / output levels. Demo: how to adjust LFR with a real cab. B. CONTROLLERS MFC possibilities. How to use external controllers. How to use scene controllers. Making a pedal do double duty. C. SOFTWARE: AE, Fractal-Bot, Cab-Lab Demoing AE: load/import, export, copy/swap xy, scenes, block library, global blocks, controllers Demoing the Bot: presets/banks/IRs, backup/restore Demoing Cab-Lab: mixing IRs. D. AMPS and CABS Parameter walk-through. Authentic / smooth etc. IRs. Demo: how to adjust LFR with a real cab. HiCut/LoCut. E. BUILDING A PRESET (with AE) Mono / stereo. Parallel / serial routing. Levels. How to use external controllers, scene controllers. Gate. Spillover. Send/Return. What are your preferences? Other suggestions? Maybe live tone matching.

For me: ABDE

@yek: my personal preference would be ABDE, although I wouldn't mind some further discussion/demo-ing of CabLab when discussing IRs under point D.

Back
Top Bottom