Patch always on Scene 8?

claxor

Power User
Everytime I pull up one specific patch of mine, it always comes up on scene 8 instead of scene 1. Why is that? The patch is number "0" on the axe.

Likely controller sending a scene select CC. Or you have custom mapping enabled on the Axe, with that PC# mapped to scene 8.

When using the MFC you can 'default' to a scene other than 1 with the edit/save knob. Notice it blinking when changing scenes.
Hitting the blinking edit/save knob on the MFC saves that scene to start from when selecting that preset.

Maybe this is what happend?

cheers,
Cris

When using the MFC you can 'default' to a scene other than 1 with the edit/save knob. Notice it blinking when changing scenes.
Hitting the blinking edit/save knob on the MFC saves that scene to start from when selecting that preset.

Maybe this is what happend?

cheers,
Cris

That's when not running in Axe-Fx Mode I guess?

No, the Axe-Fx always selects scene 1, unless you send along a Scene Select CC with a value for a specific scene.

Oh, thanks Yek. I'd obviously never tried it, just assumed that's the way it'd work.

Is it a sensible suggestion, nonetheless?

While we're on the subject of suggestions, does anyone else get infuriated by the way scenes default to 'everything on'. Would it make sense to have a flag per scene so it knows it's been edited (ie it's different from scene 1) and if it's not been touched have it be the same as scene 1 until you edit it.

Oh, thanks Yek. I'd obviously never tried it, just assumed that's the way it'd work.

Is it a sensible suggestion, nonetheless?

While we're on the subject of suggestions, does anyone else get infuriated by the way scenes default to 'everything on'. Would it make sense to have a flag per scene so it knows it's been edited (ie it's different from scene 1) and if it's not been touched have it be the same as scene 1 until you edit it.

Well, I prefer consistency, and presets always starting at scene 1 is consistent. :)

Also, I do have presets where scene 2 is totally different from scene 1, so starting off scene 2 as a copy of 1 would not help me.

Actually, I do have the MFC connected, but I've been editing via AxeEdit and moving around from there. So, I don't think its the MFC. I could just reset the MFC to the factory settings just to be sure, but I think its something purely in the Axe 2. The other presets I call up of mine do not go to scene 8 first. Only this one preset of mine, preset "0", the very first one.

Back
Top Bottom