FW11 - Having Low End Problems - where is it?

Karl Houseknecht

Power User
Running into a power amp and cab (recto 2x12). Real amps into this cab have a good deal of low end going on, the good kind. Most of the amp models I've tried in FW11 sound thin. No real low end interaction. What am I missing?

Dialed in the patch from scratch after updating to FW11.

And I have changed the Low Freq parameter in the amp to 82.4, which is the resonance frequency of the cab which I found by doing the filter procedure. Unmistakable. Doesn't seem to make any difference.

Last edited:
My lows does sound like a helicopter :S
I innstalled the 11b and now good again.
Is this a 11 bug?

Thats why in my Alex Lifeson LP i had the piezo isolated from the Mags.

Glad its fixed.

Yeah, maybe if you reinstall the firmware, it would be better. It's possible that the first go around was borked.

I don't get the "reinstall" thing. It's ones and zeroes. It either installs or doesn't, right? How will this help?

It helps sometimes. Something could get screwed up in the transfer or installation process, it's helped people before.

You've never been installing a program or updating something and it hang up or crash and you had to start over?

I don't get the "reinstall" thing. It's ones and zeroes. It either installs or doesn't, right? How will this help?
I have installed firmware hundreds of times. On a couple I had the install complete and everything was terrible sounding. A quick re-install and all was good. Who knows what it could have been. Some process on the PC corrupting the install? Why or how isn't all that important. It definitely happened. It certainly couldn't hurt other than the 5 minutes it takes. Right?

Do it! Sometimes it works! Maybe your config before update was different to the expected configs. But FW11 changes some Parameters, I think. So the second update might be do some other changes than the first.

This could be the reason why reinstalling might help! :)

Updated the firmware again. Installed all the 11.0 presets. Reset the system parameters.

Still not hearing/feeling it.

If I add an EQ after the amp block and boost the living crap out of 80 Hz, then it gets in the neighborhood. Otherwise, it's like the cab is just flat and lifeless. There isn't that interaction on the low end that a good tube amp would provide.

Back
Top Bottom