Scored a Marshall Club and Country

I really doubt that Alex used one. He had 100W combos, but they were the combo version of the lead amps. The C&C is a really loud, clean amp that doesn't sound anything like the "Marshall sound" with which most people are familiar.

However, they tended to come with Genelex KT77s - the only amps of the era imported to North America with EL34 types - so if it's got the original power tubes, you got that going for you. Which is nice.

Cool...I never even heard of those amps until I Googled "Alex Limelight tone" after an early tone matching preview clip here last year and I was curious...

Seems he still uses them in his current rig thru a 4x12:

Interview: Rush's Alex Lifeson and Geddy Lee - Premier Guitar

Hence the reason for picking this up. You gotta follow the Trail. Alex has been thinking about using the Axe more go forward and Cliff is just doing due diligence and getting his amps into the system, so next year all his amps will all be there. Now he just needs to get A gallien Krueger 250 ml. Wouldn't you want to be the guy that Researches bands for what Amps they used and then pro cure them for future releases of the software. I want that Job.

Pretty much the worst Marshall amp ever made. It's not a good sounding amp at all. No way worth modeling.

Even though I mentioned it sounded a bit sterile, I think this is a bit of a stretch. Marshall was going after the country market and the clean sound was the goal. Not a horrible sound, honestly.

With that said, its a bit strange of an amp to model I would say.

The Club and Country is not supposed to sound like a Marshall, it is Marshall's attempt to break into the country market dominated by Fender at the time. This was intended to compete with a Twin Reverb, JC-120 or Music Man amp for the Nashville players.

I'm looking forward to a unique and rare amp like this.

gallien Krueger 250 ml
Hey - I had one of those for ten years until it broke. I loved it! Small, loud and good sounding. Had two 1x12" Marshall cabs when touring with it. One thing I did not like though was the loud hiss, but I guess that won't be part of the modeling :) I will never forget my GK because I used it when being a session player on a studio recording from where a radio hit eventually came out and every time I hear a song on the radio with me am my 250 ml I miss it badly. I picked that combo by ear in a music store; it was the amp that sounded best of all and at the time it was new and I knew nothing about it. What caught my ear was the low latency, much faster response than the tube amps I had played up until then. Solid state design and small 10" built-in speakers, very fast and responsive amp. He, he... sorry for the nostalgic outburst.

Back
Top Bottom