Why does the Wah auto engage on the V6 presets

1Squid

I've got an expression pedal plugged into the pedal socket mapped to external controller one
Even though the preset for example 002 brownface doesn't have the wah switched on by default, move my expression pedal and you can hear the wah.
So i'm having to go through my presets switch the wah on in axe edit then switch it off then resave the patch.
I don't remember this on the last firmware.

maybe you're epression pedal is not calibrated right, and it's minimum value is greater than 5%?

As per voes, check pedal calibration.
Another thing to check is, if there is no pedal plugged in does the wah still auto-engage?

I found this to be the case on mine. This means that without an expression pedal, presets which have been configured with an auto engaging wah become unusable unless you unmap the expression pedal first.

For example: You might play at different places but don't always need the expression pedal and so sometimes leave the pedal behind. Each time you did that though, you would have to unmap the expression pedal so you could use the patch, and then you would have to remap the expression pedal afterwards so you can use it next time.

I haven't found a way around this yet - Am I missing something? Anybody got any suggestions?

I've got an expression pedal plugged into the pedal socket mapped to external controller one
Even though the preset for example 002 brownface doesn't have the wah switched on by default, move my expression pedal and you can hear the wah.
So i'm having to go through my presets switch the wah on in axe edit then switch it off then resave the patch.
I don't remember this on the last firmware.

I'm having the same problem. When I move my pedal down and up, the wah gets bypassed like it should. But initially the Axe FX II shows the wah engaged, while in Axe Edit the wah is bypassed.
The pedal is calibrated and I resaved the patches after bypassing the wah on the Axe FX II, but helas... no cigar. The midi setting of the pedal is XP2 #16 CH1 BegOff.
Tonight I'll try turning off autoengage, but that is the feature I want to use. What values am I looking for in the CTRL-IO?

I found that if I have my expression pedal in the toe position it works when switching presets. Where the heel should be the landingspot...

Does anybody have any idea?

Same issue here. When there is a wah in a patch and I switch to that patch the wah will kick on like a couple of seconds after I switch to that patch. Since I don't use the wah I always just put a shunt in its place.

Has anybody solved this issue yet?
I just removed the Wah-block in the presets, but the problem isn't gone.

Back
Top Bottom