Help with Reamping

loconnor

Hi all,

i'm becoming more and more interested in reamping. However, i could do with having a few things cleared up before i make any purchases.

Firstly, i'm aware that reamping allows you to change the sound of your guitar at anytime, but can you make changes to your guitar sound while you playback the whole mix? or would you have to record the reamped guitar, then playback to hear the mix?

Secondly, i have an M-Audio fast track audio interface. The only outputs are the RCA outs, but reamp boxes that ive seen (radial prormp and palmer daccapo) require XLR input. I'm yet to find a cable which goes from twin RCA to single XLR. So any suggestions there are very welcome.

Lastly, would a Boss GT-10 suffice as a decent DI box for reamping? I play through an Axe-FX, but would go into the gt-10 first, then pass one channel (dry) into the audio interface and the other channel into the axe-fx so i could hear properly what my guitar will sound like.

I think thats about it.

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers
Lewis

I wouldn´t pass my signal through anything like that if I want a high quality sound .There´s no need to do it either .
Just record output 1 (with no effect at all )and have an amp and cab in output 2 for monitoring . Or you could do it the other way around. A peace of cake .

Thomas

what about cabling though?

Has anyone ever seen twin phono to single xlr?

or is there an alternative that im not aware of?

Lewis

I think you only should use one output from the soundcard when you reamp .Actually A mono signal .If you plan to use one of those expensive reampboxes (wich you don´t need) it still can only handle one signal anyway .(left or right -output one or two , or whatever they call it) . That means that you can go direct from the axe to "tape" (soundcard) when you record . And you go directly from soundcard to axe when you play back(maybe input 2 - set to line level) . Also only one cable rca-tele.
Am I right ?

Thomas

Great thoughts you share

I never seen this type of discussion,I am sure, you continue bringing such a nice topics furture too,and I participate every topic,Great thoughts you share in topic
My website!thesis writing

Back
Top Bottom