Axe-Fx III Firmware 22.00 Public Beta (Beta 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the BKP Holy Divers which are hot as well as some others that are hot and me-hot pickups. I did not have to change my A/D sensitivity, either. I had them at 5% before and I have not had the clipping pop up. Just to see I took my hottest pickups and turned it up and was getting the error at 6%.

This just means you set your sensitivity correctly so that it would not clip when you set it up.
Thanks, and this repeats why I’m confused. How am I at 50%, while others are reporting single digits?

Thanks, and this repeats why I’m confused. How am I at 50%, while others are reporting single digits?
Because of how hard one picks, the type of picks one uses, the strings one uses, and the pickups themselves, plus pickup height all contribute. I use 1.5mm jazz 2 picks but use 9 gauge strings on all my guitars and my pickups are all hot or med hot pickups the BKP Holy Divers and my JB Jazz set are med-hot, but my EMGs are hotter, and yet all of them set off the clip notification at around the same setting or close. You also have to realize passive pickups are much more dynamic than active pickups so passive pickups can set it off lower or higher than one might expect, depending on things I mentioned in my first sentence (like my Holy Divers do). My EMGs are good between 15-20%, but my BKP and JB are 5-6%

Last edited:
I did a test a month ago with input sensitivity while “tickling the red” I went from 50% down to 5%. When I zoom into the wave form in the DAW I could see clipping and could hear very subtle compression at 50%. At 5% I have only seen the new clipping indicator go off once using a Lundgren M7 (there are too many factors to consider so the pickup doesn’t matter imo). There is a chance I changed the output volume at the same time while attempting to get the hottest signal before clipping into the DAW. So far I love the dyna cabs and much prefer the work flow and playing them “live” but I prefer to mix with 3rd party IRs I’ve spent a year or more dialing into my mix.

Last edited:
hi, does anyone has the compatible axe edit for the dynacab? or i am missing something thou I just download the latest axe edit dated Feb 2023.
did not see any link.

I'm just editing via the front panel of the axe fx iii

@FractalAudio Would it be possible to add a feature to export the dyna cab IR mix? So lets say you have a mix with 3 IRs being dnynamic, condenser, ribbon…it uses alot of CPU, would be great to mix and export it as 1 IR.

Maybe there is already a way for this, which i don’t know?!

Because of how hard one picks, the type of picks one uses, the strings one uses, and the pickups themselves, plus pickup height all contribute. I use 1.5mm jazz 2 picks but use 9 gauge strings on all my guitars and my pickups are all hot or med hot pickups the BKP Holy Divers and my JB Jazz set are med-hot, but my EMGs are hotter, and yet all of them set off the clip notification at around the same setting or close. You also have to realize passive pickups are much more dynamic than active pickups so passive pickups can set it off lower or higher than one might expect, depending on things I mentioned in my first sentence (like my Holy Divers do). My EMGs are good between 15-20%, but my BKP and JB are 5-6%
Nothing changed for me. So in my case, the beta's behaviour is similar to previous firmware. Thank you jamesmarshall.

Nothing changed for me. So in my case, the beta's behaviour is similar to previous firmware. Thank you jamesmarshall.
Yes, you set your level correctly.

What I was getting at was your question about why people are getting such different numbers and why some are much lower than what you were getting. I was just pointing out all the things that contribute to people seeing way different numbers from each other.

It is good that you are set and don't have to worry about it. Mine was the same as you from this firmware as well as 21 and before.

So far I haven't had very good luck with this. Even tried a synth block as generator with sine wave, still no luck calling the IR a match to the Dynacab mix.
It's possible that there is copy protection baked in so that competition can't reverse engineer or capture select IR files from DynaCab.

It's possible that there is copy protection baked in so that competition can't reverse engineer or capture select IR files from DynaCab.
It works for me. It wouldn't be possible to have any such protection anyway since you could just use an external tone match tool. What are you using for a tone source?

@FractalAudio Would it be possible to add a feature to export the dyna cab IR mix? So lets say you have a mix with 3 IRs being dnynamic, condenser, ribbon…it uses alot of CPU, would be great to mix and export it as 1 IR.

Maybe there is already a way for this, which i don’t know?!

Maybe in Cab-Lab (but that’s just a guess).
Cliff stated in another thread yesterday that CabLab was being worked on for this already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom