AFIII writing preset for Van Halen Poundcake.

Keith White

Experienced
I heard this for the first time in a while over the pa before George Lynch show and it reminded me of how much i love this song so I have started writing a preset for it. I am also trying to work out a power drill sound using the expression pedal..I have a few ideas. Will share the preset when completed
in the video, I havent worked up the solo yet. Will repost complete when the preset is finished

do you mind sharing with me what effects and parameters you were using to create that
Synth block before amp, two sawtooth voices a twelfth apart (tracking off, set one voice's shift to 19) I think, unless it was just a fifth (shift = 7). Pedal assigned to similar modifiers on voice levels and freq. with some damping. With synth on its own row just before the amp you can use a mix modifier as the level control without affecting the guitar level, which might have been how I set that up.

Synth block before amp, two sawtooth voices a twelfth apart (tracking off, set one voice's shift to 19) I think, unless it was just a fifth (shift = 7). Pedal assigned to similar modifiers on voice levels and freq. with some damping. With synth on its own row just before the amp you can use a mix modifier as the level control without affecting the guitar level, which might have been how I set that up.
Thanks. Would you be able to kindly do a screenshot?

I have been messing with these settings this morning, and here is my synth block.....I think we can share these?

Attachments

• Cordless Dril_20221216_083235.blk
    1.2 KB · Views: 9
Back
Top Bottom