Axe-Fx Firmware Version 21.01

I still have a question since the new impedance curve in last firmwares: Do I still need to save every single preset one by one or is there a trick to save all the presets? I have the edited LED on every preset because I checked the loading of the new impedance curve on presets and I want to have all my presets with those new curves. Or if not, maybe an idea for a next release ? :innocent:

[OT]

Only officially... ;) Officially, everything flu/lung-related has been declared COVID two years ago. Not sure they ever told you that in mainstream? This of course greatly helps to make numbers seem high and scare you more. The Illuminati also changed the definition of "herd immunity," BTW... ;) They keep skewing all kinds of things to make it seem that good health can only be attained by taking certain meds, vax, ...

This is an article re. the former:
www.coreysdigs.com/health-science/covid-19-pt-2-cdcs-new-pic-and-the-hidden-data

gov site where you can see several things are lumped together in the PIC graph, which is probably the one reported as "COVID"...
www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/covid-data/covidview/past-reports/12112020.html
Can we stick to the topic please?

Few ideas with the new wah here

The sequence plus the delay is nuts. Spacey AF. Going to steal that for the jam next week when we do our old-guys-pretend-we-can-play-by-doing-space-jam section of our second set. :D

You got the envelope to work well with it too. I tried and couldn't quite get an envelope that worked well with that super wide sweep that I could use in any real way.

Love the new FW, but ever since 21 was installed, I get a weird warble or bleed through with the wah. It is set to auto engage and I only had a similar problem on FW15 or 16 which was soon fixed with an update. I've attached my preset to check out. Yep, already recalibrated the pedals (using FC12, exp pedal is in FC pedal 1), I have switched pedals, cables, you name it. Made a new blank patch, tried several different amps, tried different inputs for the pedal, and it's still there. Thought with the FW update maybe it was bug that would be fixed, but it did not go away. Any help would make me smile. Thanks.

Attachments

• 5153 WAH WARBLE.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 8
This is my two main presets on the newest firmware. The first three scenes are just different levels of drive pedal gain. I removed my expresson pedal blocks just in case you don't have any hooked up. If you like them and can find them useful then this is my gift of tone to you. If not, sorry for wasting your time.

@Michael Pickens

There's a bug when importing bundles. Drag one of these bundles into Axe-Edit. Dismiss the dialog box. Then drag it again. The dialog box will now add the entries to be saved at the bottom of the list instead of replacing, and an empty line is added which can't be saved to a slot.

Shit, even if I use the word Ill*m*n*t*, this post will be deleted.

On topic: can we get an Illumanati wah (or phaser, reverb etc) next FW? I'm sure CC could cook up something cool.

EDIT: post cleaned up.

Last edited:
@Michael Pickens

There's a bug when importing bundles. Drag one of these bundles into Axe-Edit. Dismiss the dialog box. Then drag it again. The dialog box will now add the entries to be saved at the bottom of the list instead of replacing, and an empty line is added which can't be saved to a slot.
I had a similar issue. I followed Leon's instructions. First bundle installed no problem. Next bundle had additional entries for cab slots and I could not select a slot to write to and the whole bundle would not import. The fix was to close AxeEdit and then select the next bundle. No problem. Immediately selecting the next bundle produced the same problem. Additional entries for cab slots. Just close AxeEdit - import the next bundle.

Only one bundle can be imported in a given AxeEdit session at a time.

Flipping love my Axe Fx III :cool:

Love the new FW, but ever since 21 was installed, I get a weird warble or bleed through with the wah. It is set to auto engage and I only had a similar problem on FW15 or 16 which was soon fixed with an update. I've attached my preset to check out. Yep, already recalibrated the pedals (using FC12, exp pedal is in FC pedal 1), I have switched pedals, cables, you name it. Made a new blank patch, tried several different amps, tried different inputs for the pedal, and it's still there. Thought with the FW update maybe it was bug that would be fixed, but it did not go away. Any help would make me smile. Thanks.
Looking at your preset, I think the bleed-through is because you have Fat allowing a bit of the dry signal through.

From the Blocks Guide:
Screenshot 2022-12-09 at 12.34.37 PM.png
I'd probably set Fat to 0 which is the default. And why do they call it "Fat" when it's a mix?… I dunno.

Also, after the last firmware change, I needed to recalibrate my EV-2 foot controller as it was very twitchy, enabling and disabling the wah, which created a "warble" type of sound. I don't know if that's because I hadn't used that controller in a while, or if a parameter range changed.

PS - BTW, it's best practice to point the modifier's definition of the pedal to External 1, and then in the front panel, go to SETUP > MIDI/Remote > External >External Control 1 and point it to "FC 1 Pedal 1". That allows you to share presets with people who don't have a foot controller defined on that jack and still use the preset.

Last edited:
Is 0 actually the default? I was thinking that the default actually depends on Wah type selected, but I could be wrong.
It’s not like I’ve owned dozens of Wah pedals, but I can’t think of any that had a mix knob or allowed dry signal to come thru while the Wah is engaged.

It’s not like I’ve owned dozens of Wah pedals, but I can’t think of any that had a mix knob or allowed dry signal to come thru while the Wah is engaged.
Most drive pedals also don't have that either but many do in fact mix in dry signal and the Drive block also has a Mix control and a Dry Level control.

Internally there may be some amount of dry level included.

But as I said, I'm not certain about my comment... Just my memory that the default is not 0.

Easy enough to check when I'm in front of my unit again. ;)

Looking at your preset, I think the bleed-through is because you have Fat allowing a bit of the dry signal through.

From the Blocks Guide:
View attachment 112467
I'd probably set Fat to 0 which is the default. And why do they call it "Fat" when it's a mix?… I dunno.

Also, after the last firmware change, I needed to recalibrate my EV-2 foot controller as it was very twitchy, enabling and disabling the wah, which created a "warble" type of sound. I don't know if that's because I hadn't used that controller in a while, or if a parameter range changed.

PS - BTW, it's best practice to point the modifier's definition of the pedal to External 1, and then in the front panel, go to SETUP > MIDI/Remote > External >External Control 1 and point it to "FC 1 Pedal 1". That allows you to share presets with people who don't have a foot controller defined on that jack and still use the preset.
Thank you…I will give that a try. I never realized there was a fat value set and don’t ever remember changing it. You’re amazing…thanks!!

Easy enough to check when I'm in front of my unit again. ;)
I was right in front of Axe-Edit III (duh) so I checked it out. I was shocked to discover that the Fat parameter in the Wah block is usually set to 8.70 in the Factory presets (!), altho there are some with different values. Fat value can range from 0.00 to 10.00, so 8.70 is close to 50/50 dry/wet. I might have to do some testing, just to see what would happen if Fat was set to 0.00 in a preset where it was previously set to 8.70.

Anyway, long way of saying that you were right, 0 is not the default.

Back
Top Bottom