Axe-Fx Firmware Version 21.01

This is just unbelievable, thank you for providing such an awesome experience! That's very generous to provide this wah and the Klon, on top of all the other amps/effects. This is just a Galaxy apart from anything I've owned in music gear. Thank you, glad your over covid,

I got pretty sick. Was coughing up blood one day. Virus is no joke, that's for sure. The illuminati don't want me to say this but it felt "engineered".
Yeah, I had exactly the same thing the first time I caught it back at the start of 2020. Nasty stuff - glad you're better!

When doing a soft reset, I'm having to do this since I am getting the feeling I missed reseting somewhere in one of the Firmware updates, my tone controls are getting reset also.

Setup/Global Setting/Tone Control Display is set to Ideal

Last edited:
I got pretty sick. Was coughing up blood one day. Virus is no joke, that's for sure. The illuminati don't want me to say this but it felt "engineered".
Me and my family are just getting over COVID as well. This update and the Gift of Tone updates have been a nice personal post-COVID surprise. Hope you feel like your self again soon!

When doing a soft reset, I'm having to do this since I am getting the feeling I missed reseting somewhere in one of the Firmware updates, my tone controls are getting reset also.

That is expected behavior.

I need to dial in things anyway. We use to be able to keep our tone settings when doing a soft reset So by what you are saying this is no longer the case
Change the global tone control display to Authentic & the tone settings will stay the same.

It resets the tone controls also
The latest manual says:

Tone Control Display

AUTHENTIC/IDEAL

This parameter governs the "Tone" page of the amp block. When set to
Authentic (default) only those controls present on the actual amp are displayed.

When set to Ideal all tone controls are displayed. Also, when set to Authentic,
the Bass, Mid and Treble controls are reset to default values when changing
models to ensure accuracy for models that may not have these controls.

Now I'm confused. It makes sense for the Ideal setting to reset the Bass, Mid and Treble controls are reset to default values when changing models to ensure accuracy for models that may not have these controls , not Authentic. Is the manual right?

The latest manual says:

Tone Control Display

AUTHENTIC/IDEAL

This parameter governs the "Tone" page of the amp block. When set to
Authentic (default) only those controls present on the actual amp are displayed.

When set to Ideal all tone controls are displayed. Also, when set to Authentic,
the Bass, Mid and Treble controls are reset to default values when changing
models to ensure accuracy for models that may not have these controls.

Now I'm confused. It makes sense for the Ideal setting to reset the Bass, Mid and Treble controls are reset to default values when changing models to ensure accuracy for models that may not have these controls , not Authentic. Is the manual right?
I tried both before I posted here and both settings sets everything to 5. By the response I received the soft reset no longer keeps your tone settings.

I tried both before I posted here and both settings sets everything to 5. By the response I received the soft reset no longer keeps your tone settings.
Are you reseting from the front panel or Axe Edit? I'm not sure it matters or if the behavior has been changed since it first came out, which has been a while. I remember it being Authentic didn't change & Ideal did. I always use Ideal so I'm used to BMT changing on reset.

Back
Top Bottom