Wish Pussy Melter pedal

He's a monster player, but he tries way too hard to be funny. But that pedal does sound good.
I get your point but that's kinda the schtick - they're like hair metal cavemen. It can get repetitive at times, but they're a lot of fun, simultaneously tributing and poking fun at the whole genre.

I get your point but that's kinda the schtick - they're like hair metal cavemen. It can get repetitive at times, but they're a lot of fun, simultaneously tributing and poking fun at the whole genre.
No I get it completely. But he's like a comedian that's just not funny. It's not the schtick; it's just that imo he's terrible at it. He's not witty. I mean you can watch him pause at times (not just in this video) trying to think of something clever to say.

No I get it completely. But he's like a comedian that's just not funny. It's not the schtick; it's just that imo he's terrible at it. He's not witty. I mean you can watch him pause at times (not just in this video) trying to think of something clever to say.
Ha - I figured you got it :laughing:. Maybe it's not knowing what's purposefully unwitty and what's not that's the joke. 🤷‍♂️ Most of their show banter seems scripted so maybe they just need better material. I always take it that he's committed to the character no matter how repetitive and groansome he gets - it's funnier for me that way 🤣. Plus it's hard for one person to be awesome at both guitar and comedy. :)

Definitely a child mentality. A bad child.
It's not funny and it's not cool.
You may or may not know the original Pussy Melter was supposed to be a TC electronic toneprint. After public outrage and threats of cancellation, they thought better of it.
Satchel went on an had a couple hundred pedals pressed on his own. Turned out to be a great sounding pedal.

Rewind 50 years and the Big Muff was born, with no outrage or controversy whatsoever. They were breaking all the rules in those days.

The Way Huge Swollen Pickle celebrates its 25th birthday this year as well.

I was going to reply with that to Al's post as well but thought better of it.
You probably made the better decision...

I have a really broad sense of humor and realize I sometimes should self-censor more when something is in "bad taste".

I personally also don't really care for these juvenile names.

If that was the greatest sounding pedal in the world I would probably not put one on my pedalboard just because of the name.

Different strokes...

You may or may not know the original Pussy Melter was supposed to be a TC electronic toneprint. After public outrage and threats of cancellation, they thought better of it.
Satchel went on an had a couple hundred pedals pressed on his own. Turned out to be a great sounding pedal.

Rewind 50 years and the Big Muff was born, with no outrage or controversy whatsoever. They were breaking all the rules in those days.

The Way Huge Swollen Pickle celebrates its 25th birthday this year as well.
I get that Bruce-didn't like the others either. IMHO, musicians already get enough of a bad rap-But I get it. Just an old Italian guitar player here.

You probably made the better decision...

I have a really broad sense of humor and realize I sometimes should self-censor more when something is in "bad taste".

I personally also don't really care for these juvenile names.

If that was the greatest sounding pedal in the world I would probably not put one on my pedalboard just because of the name.

Different strokes...
The funny thing is its on my board connected to NOTHING for the sole purpose of aggravating my wife (who sings in the band).

Different strokes, indeed.

Due to the community outrage over the original, they did make this same pedal and mass produced it. you’re probably going to like the name of that one even less though…….

Back
Top Bottom