Gift of Tone #5: CHRIS TRAYNOR

I’m a little unclear on how to use this on an Axe-FX III. The ReadMe says “The Axe-Fx III version is split into two FM9 presets, MAIN and MTM ("More than Machines")”,

and there’s an additional preset called “CT3 RIG 2022.sys.” Que pasa?

I’m a little unclear on how to use this on an Axe-FX III. The ReadMe says “The Axe-Fx III version is split into two FM9 presets, MAIN and MTM ("More than Machines")”,

CT3 RIG 2022.sys is the AXE III preset. The other ones had to split up from the AXE III preset so all the goodies of the main preset could be heard on the FM3 and FM9. Also, the AXE III preset is always 49KB.

If you have an FX3 use the CT3 MAIN FM3.syx preset because you have the CPU and blocks to handle it.

If you have the FM9 use the CT3 MAIN FM9.syx and CT3 MTMs FM9.syx presets because the FM9 has 50% of the power of the FX3.

Dunno because they didn't say. It looks like this though:
Screenshot 2022-12-02 at 12.22.08 PM.png
Because it's running at 57% on the FX3 it is only going to work on that unit and the FM9. The FM3 won't have the CPU available.

Can someone please confirm if this is a bug? In the first scene, engaging the first drive block kills almost all the sound, and the volume and level are in normal ranges.

@Cooper Carter can you replicate this?

Last edited:
Can someone please confirm if this is a bug? In the first scene, engaging the first drive block kills almost all the sound, and the volume and level are in normal ranges.
Happens for me, too. Not sure why the drive blocks are even included, though, because they're not used.

Also, what's the intended use for that Out3 signal chain with the Delay and Enhance?

Happens for me, too. Not sure why the drive blocks are even included, though, because they're not used.

Also, what's the intended use for that Out3 signal chain with the Delay and Enhance?
Out1 is for FOH and Out3 is for on stage cabs (notice the lack of a CAB block)

Sweet! Lovin this shizzz. I saw this gentleman with Bush awhile back, sure looks like the same guy. Probably 2017 or 18. On the notes it says FM3 version 6 beta 4. I’m still on 3. I’ll try it anyhow. Edit: I’m on 4 so all good. Thanks everyone at FAS and friends!!

Funny these guys are using the Axe but still have the cabs on stage. Stages don’t look right without the cabs lol.

Back
Top Bottom