FM3 Firmware Version 6.00 beta 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
@rglr I can't wait to update the presets I offer to 6.00. Is it a good idea to do it now or is it more worth waiting for the final version? Thanks.

I think it is touching the devotion, passion and professionalism with which this brand, Fractal Audio System, continues to perfect and improve their products. Even in the case of this little, very little monster. Did any of us really think that it would have been possible to get even more from this fm3? Thank you!

The Brit800 is better than ever! More open and clean and in your face. Wonderful. Thanks a lot for that.

But I think, something is wrong with the Skull Crusher.
There is a lot more compression and overdrive now, much more mids and less treble. It is a different amp than before.
After playing it, the sound disappeared, but came back after a restart.

(New FM3-edit and refreshed on Mac OSX 10.13.6)

Euro Uber Negative Feedback:
Old = 5.90
New = 10.00

Is this correct? Seems like a major change.

In Win11, every time I navigate away from FM3-Edit to a full screen display of another program (Chrome, Ableton, Excel, Adobe, etc.), FM3-Edit freezes and I have to close and reopen it in order for it to work again. Is anyone else experiencing this?

In Win11, every time I navigate away from FM3-Edit to a full screen display of another program (Chrome, Ableton, Excel, Adobe, etc.), FM3-Edit freezes and I have to close and reopen it in order for it to work again. Is anyone else experiencing this?
This is a known issue for several users on Windows 11 for around a year now.

Check out this thread on the forum: fm3-edit freeze after a few seconds of use

Setting FM3-Edit to run as administrator in Windows 11 has fixed the freezing and latency issues for me and several other users. I've noticed no ill effects from using this method.

Ben

love me fractal, I have FM3, FM9, AXE III, but why have there been so many beta's recently??

Last edited:
If I make adjustments to Negative Feedback in 6.00 B5, will those user values remain or revert to the new default values when the official FW 6.00 is loaded? Adjustments that I made to Negative Feedback in B3 changed when updating to B5. Will this happen every time a new firmware is released?

@rglr

In the footswitch configuration, if you select "Chan Select", "Chan Toggle", or "Chan Inc/Dec" for "Controllers", the large display of FM3/FC6/FC12 shows "Control NOT IN THIS PRESET".

The bug was posted recently here by @vz42

Another issue when you select "Chan Select" is the menu listed for the "2nd press". The "Smart bypass" option is available, but the Controllers page cannot be bypassed.

The mini LCD displays always show CTL 2 instead of CTL 1. Maybe this is the problem.

Chan Select:
Captura de pantalla 2022-12-02 a les 16.00.22.pngCaptura de pantalla 2022-12-02 a les 15.59.59.png

Chan Toggle:
Captura de pantalla 2022-12-02 a les 16.01.52.pngCaptura de pantalla 2022-12-02 a les 16.02.00.png

Chan Inc:
Captura de pantalla 2022-12-02 a les 16.03.00.pngCaptura de pantalla 2022-12-02 a les 16.03.06.png

If I make adjustments to Negative Feedback in 6.00 B5, will those user values remain or revert to the new default values when the official FW 6.00 is loaded? Adjustments that I made to Negative Feedback in B3 changed when updating to B5. Will this happen every time a new firmware is released?
Yes if FAS changed those they will load with the correct settings for the model but once you change them and save it should not revert on future updates unless you do a reset then your saved settings will be removed and replaced w defaults

There will not be any new parameters or major changes between the beta version and the final release so if you want to get a jump on updating your presets now I think it is ok.
Were there new presets released ???

So I was creating a preset to cover The Funeral and noticed Ben Bridwell uses a Bluesbreaker live. So I dialed up the JM45 and holy crap! I know I played around with it previously, but the change to that amp in 6.00 is amazing. Using my LP and the York Blackjack IR, I played for a good 2 hours just exploring what tones I could coax out of that thing and I was floored. Bravo Fractal indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom