Axe-Fx Firmware Version 21.00

Status
Not open for further replies.
In picture number two, it looks like the AxeFx is selected yet in picture number four, it looks like it has not been selected (where it just says utility).

Can you clarify that the AxeFXIII has indeed been selected?
All the time is selected the AxeFX 3...The pics are just examples but all the time Axefx3 is selected. In Utility mode you cannot selected in the first option and also the second is canceled by the FBot....just in the third is possible

Hello !!! I got a problem upgrading the Axe3 to this new

Axe-Fx Firmware Version 21.00

so I got this error everytime I'm gonna apply the update. I changed the cable, reboot the computer, change the USB port on my M1 Mac Mini (is there any problem with the Monterey and the Fractal Bot or something???) reset the system settings on the unit (AXE3), put the unit in the "Emergency Boot Loader" like the manual on page 93 first scenario....NOTHING...Also put the MIDI Buffer Delay in 300ms...reach the 100% and after ERROR....The unit reboots perfect after get stucked during the update, also tried many forms (directly from the Fractal Bot online and also downloading the sysex file) NOTHING...
The Axe somtimes gets freeze during the update in different percents, randomly...0%, 45%, 10%, 78%, 100% and I received this message on the computer everytime: No response received. Please ensure the device is connected and powered on, then try again.....But no AC problem coz I did directly on a UPS....This never happened before !!!

I let you here the pics with many of the cases...

Thanks in advance...!!
It seems the data gets corrupted during transfer, try with another usb cable or another computer. And be sure to redownload the firmware

It seems the data gets corrupted during transfer, try with another usb cable or another computer. And be sure to redownload the firmware
Al thanks for that...but I already change the cable 3 times, also I will do it again and again. I'm thinking to do it in a Windows enviroment. Downloaded de Firmware many times, I forgot how many, even a friend send me another file via Whatsapp but the same results.. I will try tomorrow in Windows coz I'm thinking about Monterey and the M1 CPU could give me some strange conflicts, but that's just a shot with closed eyes

Al thanks for that...but I already change the cable 3 times, also I will do it again and again. I'm thinking to do it in a Windows enviroment. Downloaded de Firmware many times, I forgot how many, even a friend send me another file via Whatsapp but the same results.. I will try tomorrow in Windows coz I'm thinking about Monterey and the M1 CPU could give me some strange conflicts, but that's just a shot with closed eyes
It looks like you are using the Fractal Bot standalone version currently. Have you tried using the Fractal Bot in the Axe Edit under TOOLs tab? Make sure you select AXE-III for Device. Are you using latest AXE-Edit VERSION 1.12.10?

It looks like you are using the Fractal Bot standalone version currently. Have you tried using the Fractal Bot in the Axe Edit under TOOLs tab? Make sure you select AXE-III for Device. Are you using latest AXE-Edit VERSION 1.12.10?
I switched from the Tools in the Axe Edit to the standalone coz was the first time error...Captura de Pantalla 2022-11-29 a la(s) 2.50.12 a.m..png

Not to resurrect the horse for another beating, but I feel like I might’ve kicked off that fizz cycle, so…

I really enjoyed hearing lots of different perspectives from people who know more than me, so I don’t see it as a flame war at all. Those kinds of back-and-forth arguments (ie defending your position with evidence) are an excellent thing IMO. If it stays civil, some of us can learn a lot, even just from the clips posted to prove various points. It’s only if it descends to internetitis, ie ad homonym name-calling, that it gets painful, and I don’t think we see that on this forum. Certainly not this thread!

I greatly appreciate everyone who corrected my opinion! I learned a lot, especially from Cliff describing the various phenomena that might get labelled as fizz. I know some people get annoyed by these kind of discussions and say we should just play guitar, and that’s true too, but this to me is what forums are for, and learning things improves my preset skillz which may tangentially improve my playing 😁

Not to resurrect the horse for another beating, but I feel like I might’ve kicked off that fizz cycle, so…

I really enjoyed hearing lots of different perspectives from people who know more than me, so I don’t see it as a flame war at all. Those kinds of back-and-forth arguments (ie defending your position with evidence) are an excellent thing IMO. If it stays civil, some of us can learn a lot, even just from the clips posted to prove various points. It’s only if it descends to internetitis, ie ad homonym name-calling, that it gets painful, and I don’t think we see that on this forum. Certainly not this thread!

I greatly appreciate everyone who corrected my opinion! I learned a lot, especially from Cliff describing the various phenomena that might get labelled as fizz. I know some people get annoyed by these kind of discussions and say we should just play guitar, and that’s true too, but this to me is what forums are for, and learning things improves my preset skillz which may tangentially improve my playing 😁
We are multifunctional, playing and discussing at the same time. :) But some are making comments about fuzziness and some about fizziness, as it is said the first one is something related to low end sound, and the other one describes high end. Could someone elaborate on fuzziness chugging part and how this fuzzines could be a problem or a benefit to the sound/tone. This whole, not written, terminology sometimes could be confusing.

Maybe we need a guitarists’ dictionary! I should start some stubs on the wiki, it would be funny to see what we all personally think of when we use these terms… and sound samples might give us a shared reference.

That may be the case. But until this thread, I’d never — in over four decades as a musician and electric guitarist — never, ever heard the word “fizz” applied to amplified, overdriven electric guitar tone. So, I can be forgiven for still believing (even after all the debate in this thread) that this falls mostly into the “internet flame wars” category. I would remember having read at least one of my guitar influences mention it along the way. I would remember encountering other mix engineers pointing it out as a discrete problem/issue.

“Fizz” may be a real thing — a component of amplified overdriven guitar tone — but it has never been as important as it is here among we geeky guitarists in this one isolated thread.

FWIW, I regard the legit case of Diesel owners, who know their amps, expressing concern regarding authentic Diesel tone vs. a Fractal facsimile as a separate issue. Their concern was a practical “A really doesn’t sound like B” issue. It wasn’t a debate about the existence/importance/non-importance of anything.
The fizz started with the line 6 pod xt

Those using the "set in multiple presets" parameter feature, did you notice some discrepancy ? I used it with the graphic EQ and wanted to set the 1st band at 0, 2nd at + 1.75, 3rd band at +1. After all the presets were completed, I had 0.07, +1.83, + 1.02

NOTE: You MUST perform a Refresh After Firmware Update if using Axe-Edit and you were using one of the 21.00 betas prior to this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just to make sure, how does one do a refresh? Does installing the firmware and letting Axe-Edit update do that?

Ok, so here I am again with new comparison for you :)

now..I tried very quickly to get a bit more into the ballpark of the original IIC+ clip shared previously.
Please, keep in mind, that my IR, guitar, pick attack, strings, hand technique, even tuning is different, so the result is different also.
And for sure, I didn´t learn the chops that guy has !

Don´t forget to match clips in volume when comparing. Set YT clip to about 50% to be on similar output with my clip.

The point of this comparison is to demonstare (to my limited abilities), that the fractal is as good as the real deal and can be set even better with a bit more tweaking.
Oh, I looked on reverb today..you know how much vintage IIC+ costs these days, right ? :grin:

Opinions in 3..2..1..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom