Mongrel Rig. Free Preset

Liked every second of the vid. Nice story & great sounds. Hot PU these seymours. Giving me bad expense ideas for upgrading my 1985 Squier.
Did you ever redo that great Twin patch you did for the axe fx II ?

Someone on the YouTube site asked whether this preset could be ported to the FM3.

FW v.6b4 or higher is probably mandatory. I didn't test with anything but that. The presets are hovering around 80% with b4 with its improvements in CPU. Older versions of the firmware will probably freak out and need therapy.

Changes to make it fit:
  • Obviously, the two Amp blocks wouldn't fit, so the preset had to be broken into two separate ones.
  • Reverb quality was set to "High", so I reduced it to "Economy" to get back some CPU.
  • The Rotary block was removed for the same reason. You can add it back in but you'll need to remove some other CPU-hungry block, or… you might be able to regain enough by changing the Comp from a Studio type to a pedal type. I didn't try, so look at factory presets for ideas as that was something we did in the last update of the factory presets.
Things you might need to do:
  • Adjust it for your own nefarious deeds or wants.
As always, thanks to @Burgs for another stunning sounding preset. It is killer with my Strat with a roasted maple neck and Raw Vintage RV-50 pickups and stamped steel bridge saddles.

Attachments

• FM3 Mongrel Rig.zip
    10.5 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Liked every second of the vid. Nice story & great sounds. Hot PU these seymours. Giving me bad expense ideas for upgrading my 1985 Squier.
Did you ever redo that great Twin patch you did for the axe fx II ?
Thanks and thanks to everyone for the kind words. I'm glad you're enjoying it.

Twin patch? I can't remember that one. But I'll see if I can dig it up and redo it for the current hardware.

Cheers!

Thanks Brett I’m going to load this up and jam for a while love the videos and sharing as always Thank You….

Same ! I don’t know how or why but Brett’s presets always translate exactly to my setup. I don’t even need to change gain levels.
Glad to help, guys. My No.1 rule is: If it doesn't work well for me, I can't expect it to work well for other people. So it's gotta be turnkey for everyone. Rock on and thanks for the kind words!

Back
Top Bottom