IRs York Audio Master Thread - Newest Cab Pack: KW 412 M25-SH

Third-party impulse response pack
I just activated a Black Friday sale for anyone interested. Just use the promo code BLACKFRIDAY20 at checkout to receive an additional 20% off your entire order on top of the discount already offered on the site.

www.yorkaudio.co

The sale ends on 11/26/22
Talk about above and beyond. Your stuff has been perpetually on sale since I started keeping tabs. I almost feel bad taking them at this price.

(Almost.)

FTWN 212 D120
MES 412 OS-V2
MRSH 412 M25
MRSH 412 MV30-Dual
MTCH 212 ESD-V2

I'm surprised you were able to choose from your children so easily!

I feel like these would be really situational, with amp, genre, and playing style all being important. I'm sure you have favorites for different scenarios and I wish we could tap into that because your ears are so well-tuned, but obviously any way of seeing those "top combinations" would be a wild amount of work and likely limited return value.

I'm surprised you were able to choose from your children so easily!

I feel like these would be really situational, with amp, genre, and playing style all being important. I'm sure you have favorites for different scenarios and I wish we could tap into that because your ears are so well-tuned, but obviously any way of seeing those "top combinations" would be a wild amount of work and likely limited return value.
Well those aren’t necessarily MY top five packs, those are the top five selling packs this year.

I can’t say that I have a top 5. It all depends on the guitar, amp, and tone. I love all my children for their own personalities. :)

Which speaker/cab from YA would fit the DR Z the best?
I already have the Marshall V30 and M25 but thought about getting a 2x12 pack

Well those aren’t necessarily MY top five packs, those are the top five selling packs this year.

I can’t say that I have a top 5. It all depends on the guitar, amp, and tone. I love all my children for their own personalities. :)

That makes sense! Important clarification. The second part of your answer definitely fits my expectations better.

Which speaker/cab from YA would fit the DR Z the best?
I already have the Marshall V30 and M25 but thought about getting a 2x12 pack
I’d probably go with the YORK 212 M65 Cream. It’s an outstanding sounding 2x12 cab that’s great for clean and edge of breakup, and it’s smooth and punchy with high gain. That cab covers a lot of ground.

Happy Th

Thanks.. I got the
MRSH 412 MV30-Dual pack and its great. Do you prefer the 30a or 30b or blend?
I’m glad you’re liking the MRSH 412 MV30-Dual pack. I don’t really have a preference between the speakers. I captured both of them because they both sounded great and have their own unique character. However, I tend to start with speaker A most of the time.

I'm looking forward to taking the Hiwat IRs for a spin when everyone leaves the house tomorrow. I'm sure I'll enjoy them as much as my other 6 YA cabs, but am still anxiously awaiting the Marshall G12-65 as other vendors haven't scratched that itch yet :)

Got it. But what would be your top 5 packs that you feel will cover anything from clean all the way to modern progressive metal and everything in between? Gotta grab a few more before the sale ends. Thanks and Happy Holidays. Guitar will be a strat with ssh pickups and helix is the amp sim.

I'm looking forward to taking the Hiwat IRs for a spin when everyone leaves the house tomorrow. I'm sure I'll enjoy them as much as my other 6 YA cabs, but am still anxiously awaiting the Marshall G12-65 as other vendors haven't scratched that itch yet :)
That pack has really cool character, but is definitely on the darker side. Don’t be afraid to bump up your Treble/Presence with that cab. It sounds awesome with single coils, but you may need to lower your bass with humbuckers.

Got it. But what would be your top 5 packs that you feel will cover anything from clean all the way to modern progressive metal and everything in between? Gotta grab a few more before the sale ends. Thanks and Happy Holidays. Guitar will be a strat with ssh pickups and helix is the amp sim.
I have a feeling you tend to like closed back cabs, so here’s what I’ve got.

YORK 212 M65 Cream
YORK 212 DV77
MRSH 412 MV30-Dual
MES 412 OS-V2
MES 212 V30

All of those cabs sound great clean and dirty. It’s all about dialing in the amp to suit the IR.

Personally what I'm waiting for is the diezel cab pack. I have tried IRs others made of diezel cabs, but considering Friedman York pack is on most of my recordings, curious to see what he comes up with. So far wasn't that impressed with diezel cab IRs I've tested. It's likely the York version fits me better while providing something distinct from the Friedman pack.
This is me as well! Friedman's the go-to metal cab for me rn, occasionally switching it up to the 5153. I love the unique character of both of these cabs. Hard to go wrong with the Mesa OS with V30s, but I'm another that's just kinda bored of that combo lol.

The Diezel is what I'm most eagerly awaiting as well 👌 the Engl as a close second. I think they'd both complement the Friedman very well. I'll be a happy man when either pops up on the store.

In the meantime, I'm still digging into MRSH Dual to experiment with more cleans and leads, it's an incredible pack! It's making me break out of my typical mic selection rut - I'm finding some surprising combinations. And it's a great addition to help me break me away from the Matchless 2x12 once in a while lol

I just activated a Black Friday sale for anyone interested. Just use the promo code BLACKFRIDAY20 at checkout to receive an additional 20% off your entire order on top of the discount already offered on the site.

www.yorkaudio.co

The sale ends on 11/26/22
hey dude, i wasn't able to use this code. i tried a few times tonight (it's still 11/26/22 - does that mean that the code expired midnight when it turned the 26th?)

Back
Top Bottom