Fractal Audio Price Increases

Since I bought my first Fractal product in 2018 I must have saved hundreds probably thousands of dollars that I otherwise probably would have spent in new amps/cabs/effects/cables/pedalboards/powersupplies since then. Now I have my FM3, whenever I want a new tone or effect it's just a few clicks away. So in the end it is still a cost saver. Thx for your great products!

Price increased from 2299$ to 2499$ as of this week for a device that is nearing 5 years old since hitting the market. 😒😒 shaking my head. Watch fractal announce their Xmas sale and dropping it back to 2299$ 😂😂

Price increased from 2299$ to 2499$ as of this week for a device that is nearing 5 years old since hitting the market. 😒😒 shaking my head. Watch fractal announce their Xmas sale and dropping it back to 2299$ 😂😂
Get your facts right if you post again. Bye ...........
the grinch waiting GIF

Happy Thanksgiving to you, too!
I suggest you read a book or two on world economics and look up the definition of scintilla and truth….🤨

I paid $2499 US for Ax3-Mk1 direct from Fractal in 2018 - $ well spent.
The funny thing is this is the post that informed me I was going to pay $100 more for my FM3 because I was dragging my feet with the decision in May of 2021. In the middle of the night I finally decided to pull the trigger the following morning. Oops! I was a little upset, but understood the situation. Well I’m damn glad I did and I can say it was hands down the best money spent in my 40+ years of extensive and expensive gear buying.

In that five year period, Fractal increased the storage, increased CPU speed by 25%, and released dozens of significant updates.

This is similar to the price increase Line 6 did when the Helix hit the 4 year mark. Except the hardware was not upgraded and the updates have been few and far between.

Price did not increase. The standard Axe-Fx III is still $2299. The Turbo version is $2499. We've held our prices fairly steady considering inflation is running around 8% and we've had to pay premiums, sometimes over 1000%, to get certain chips that are in short supply.

The Axe-Fx III is still the premier modeler and, considering what you get, is a bargain. Our direct sales model cuts out the middle-man and passes the savings on to you...

hqdefault.jpg

The best money I ever spent on non-guitar gear was every Fractal Audio amp/effects modeler product I ever bought (I have owned all of them except the original Standard).

It has saved me tens of thousands of dollars I would have spent tone chasing on real amps, cabs, and effects pedals.

Practically speaking, in a near two-year period of 8%+ annual inflation, I am astonished unit prices have not gone up, given inflation and supply chain issues worldwide.

And am grateful Cliff and company have not — we should all be thanking our lucky stars for this company ethos that is incredibly customer-centric, IMHO. Free firmware updates for example!

I’m going to call “shenanigans”.

Signed up yesterday, immediately made a post, and hasn’t been back.

Joined Yesterday at 5:57 PM Last seen Yesterday at 6:03 PM

That’s a troll.

TBH, a 2018 Axe-Fx III is not the same thing as a 2022 Axe-Fx III. The latter has dozens of additional amps and effects and a ton of additional features (setlists, reverb pitch shifting, full res irs, etc.) that were not present when the III was originally released. I don't have a III, but I do I have an FM9 that I got a year ago. I revisited an old kitchen sink preset that I made when I first got the FM9. At the time it maxed out the CPU. Now, thanks to the refinements made to the algorithms over the last year, it uses only 60% of the CPU. Is the physical hardware still the same thing that I bought last year? Yes. But thanks to software updates, it's now substantially more powerful. The same is true of the III—it can do much more today than it could at launch. Tl;dr, assessing an integrated software/hardware product solely based on the hardware is not useful. And echoing @austinbuddy, I'm shocked that unit prices haven't gone up despite high levels of inflation and absurd supply chain issues that are particularly acute in the semiconductor space.

Back
Top Bottom