Axe-Fx Firmware Version 21.00

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Treble control in a Chieftain is actually a "Preamp Presence" control, similar to the Presence control in a Dual Rectifier in Modern mode. It is separate from the tone stack and located later in the gain stages. The tone stack has no treble control.

This is why I don't like Ideal mode.
You thinking of removing Ideal Mode and replacing it with something else?

I’ll have to dig into this. I don’t want to steal your tone 1:1 but I’d love to see how you setup that up as newbie myself. I have that same IR pack. If you don’t want to share the preset publicly could you PM me? 😎🤘
F that. I'll share it when I get home and I'll also use stock cabs to make it usable for everyone.

I love my Fractal family. Group hug, everyone.

You thinking of removing Ideal Mode and replacing it with something else?
Yes, Cliff said he wants to remove ideal mode and have something like "advanced settings" instead. So no tunable parameter will be lost, it will probably be more like on the hardware interface where you have them in the advanced tab. The advantage would be that parameters without a function for that amp model will not be displayed anymore and cannot confuse the users.

The Treble control in a Chieftain is actually a "Preamp Presence" control, similar to the Presence control in a Dual Rectifier in Modern mode. It is separate from the tone stack and located later in the gain stages. The tone stack has no treble control.

I've always wondered about this. In amps designed like these, is the word "Presence" a misnomer? Does anybody know if this control is still a kind of negative feedback control for the preamp or is "preamp presence" really just more like a High Treble or High Cut kind of control but simply called "Presence" to make it easy for players to understand?

I've always wondered about this. In amps designed like these, is the word "Presence" a misnomer? Does anybody know if this control is still a kind of negative feedback control for the preamp or is "preamp presence" really just more like a High Treble or High Cut kind of control but simply called "Presence" to make it easy for players to understand?
It's just a high cut.

Thank you for providing an insight.
And thank you for keeping the ideal mode for now.
Some old tried and testet presets work with tweaks there and with every control that gets turned off it takes some time and rehearses to find fixes or replacements. However it got easier now to start fresh with untouched authentic settings.

Yes, Cliff said he wants to remove ideal mode and have something like "advanced settings" instead. So no tunable parameter will be lost, it will probably be more like on the hardware interface where you have them in the advanced tab. The advantage would be that parameters without a function for that amp model will not be displayed anymore and cannot confuse the users.
Thanks my man, I have an FM9 so I jumped in at the end of the thread here and seen him talking as if he was thinking about moving it. Sounds like a great plan, I like that Cliff is starting to focus on cleaning things up to make the flow better.

Thanks my man, I have an FM9 so I jumped in at the end of the thread here and seen him talking as if he was thinking about moving it. Sounds like a great plan, I like that Cliff is starting to focus on cleaning things up to make the flow better.
As a developer, it's very understandable. He's trying to improve both our and his workflow, and cleaning up clutter is an important part of that. There are controls in the Ideal layout that don't do anything in a particular amp, but they require maintenance so why have them? Remove them from the amps that don't need them, and keep them where they're needed.

There is anything of this firmware update that can be ported into the AxeFx II? :unamused:
Nope?!
Ok... i'll go back into my cry room! :cry:

Awesome my dude! Can you screenshot the cab block you’re using with those YA IRs? I have that same pack so I would love to give that a go as well. 🤘

Here ya go. I'll update the thread I made in a few days with a more elaborate preset with different cab recto cab combos (using all stock IRs) and clips demonstrating them in use. Feel free to rip off my settings completely.

Attachments

• Side 1.PNG
    Side 1.PNG
    95.8 KB · Views: 86
  • Side 2.PNG
    Side 2.PNG
    65.9 KB · Views: 85
  • Alt-Metal Recto Goodness 11-21-22.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 46
JS410 Lead Orange preset of mine is sounding totally different after Firmware and Edit updates + refresh. New model is much darker, less open and muddy sounding now. I reverted back to 20.04 and it's night and day difference. Does anyone want my preset to compare? I'm also happy just staying on 20.04.

JS410 Lead Orange preset of mine is sounding totally different after Firmware and Edit updates + refresh. New model is much darker, less open and muddy sounding now. I reverted back to 20.04 and it's night and day difference. Does anyone want my preset to compare? I'm also happy just staying on 20.04.
Check your IR choices and the speaker settings. Every one of my presets sound great.

Attached preset. It's pretty basic. Flashed back to 21.00 and it's just as bad. Big difference between the two firmwares.

Attachments

• Presets.zip
    24.6 KB · Views: 10
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom