Axe-Fx Firmware Version 21.00

Status
Not open for further replies.
The IIC++ is using factory cabs! The Dual Rec is using two York Audio DV77 IR's. If you're into metal tones, I can't recommend that DV77 pack enough!

Pitch is the Whammy pedal, I have it set to FC Pedal 3. The Out/In 3 is how I get my Freqout pedal into the AxeFX, you can just delete that.
View attachment 111429
The IIC++ is using factory cabs! The Dual Rec is using two York Audio DV77 IR's. If you're into metal tones, I can't recommend that DV77 pack enough!

Pitch is the Whammy pedal, I have it set to FC Pedal 3. The Out/In 3 is how I get my Freqout pedal into the AxeFX, you can just delete that.
View attachment 111429
Thank you!!!

The "High-Treble" knob doesnt work in up to date Axe-Edit: on the 59 Bassguy, JTM, Plexi 100w and SLP.
You can turn but theres no in or decrease of High-Treble.
Doesn't work in the Brit 800 either.
Is that intentional?

Last edited:
One thing I noticed about this fw is everything updated except the speaker page.

So if you want the latest tweaks I'd suggest selecting another impedance curve then load in your previous as these have changed. That's if you want the latest and greatest.

@FractalAudio were any changes made to improve the capo or placebo?
Probably not. :tearsofjoy: My cpu usage dropped dramatically, though. It sounded so good, I was able to ditch the stereo Far Field IRs. With only a 57 and 121 its running in the mid 60% range down from 80ish%, which may give the pitch blocks more attention?

Last edited:
One thing I noticed about this fw is everything updated except the speaker page.

So if you want the latest tweaks I'd suggest selecting another impedance curve then load in your previous as these have changed. That's if you want the latest and greatest.
I don't see anything in the release notes about changes to Speaker Impedance Curves...

Right. Check out for yourself. Take an old preset and compare.
That's from v20.02.

Improved speaker impedance curve fitting algorithm. This results in more accurate and more “colorful” modeling as the previous algorithm tended to damp box resonances somewhat. All the speaker impedance curves have been updated using the new routine. Existing presets are automatically updated to use the updated curves if “Update Pre-20.02 Presets Spkr Imp Upon Load" is set to YES in the Setup menu.

Right. Check out for yourself. Take an old preset and compare.

Also, I'm coming from 20.03 so...

Probably this:
https://wiki.fractalaudio.com/wiki/index.php?title=Firmware_release_notes_-_Axe-Fx_III

20.02​

Improved speaker impedance curve fitting algorithm. This results in more accurate and more “colorful” modeling as the previous algorithm tended to damp box resonances somewhat. All the speaker impedance curves have been updated using the new routine. Existing presets are automatically updated to use the updated curves if “Update Pre-20.02 Presets Spkr Imp Upon Load” is set to YES.

Added 4x12 Lerxst Omega speaker impedance curve.

Added 1x12 Deluxe Oxford speaker impedance curve.

Added 4x12 Hipower Pete T speaker impedance curve.

Added 4x12 Hipower Lindsey B speaker impedance curve.

Added 4x12 USA Semi-Open speaker impedance curve.

Added 2x12 Dizzy RV speaker impedance curve.

Added 4x12 London Town Tall speaker impedance curve.

Fixed Tap Times lost during patch/channel changes in Rhythm Tap Delay mode of Ten-Tap Delay block.

The A-Z knob will work correctly in both directions when editing the name of a Setlist.

Changes will now be immediately reflected for all slots when editing a Setlist songs.

Various other fixes and improvements.

On the Matchbox Chiefman 2 when I edit the treble control in the ideal view it will not change the sound, that control is dead.
But the real chief actually has a treble and in the authentic view there is one. When I edit that parameter in the authentic view now that is audible.
Strange thing is that both treble parameters can get set to different values in the editor.
At first I thought it don't matters much, I simply use the one that works. But now I realised that that only is true for the editor.
On the hardware it means when you have set your view to ideal you don't get acess to the working parameter, all you see is that dead dummy.
It seems that is a bug?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom