FracTool - for power users only

I there a way to use FracTool to change Modifier 1 which uses External Controller 1, to change the Auto Engage value from 5% to 95% across all presets? Have tried Batch Setter -> Controllers -> 1 but theres no useful options after that. Thanks.

1663864484323.png

1663864645948.png

I there a way to use FracTool to change Modifier 1 which uses External Controller 1, to change the Auto Engage value from 5% to 95% across all presets? Have tried Batch Setter -> Controllers -> 1 but theres no useful options after that. Thanks.

View attachment 108793

View attachment 108794
No, batch setter only works on blocks.
Controllers are a block but modifiers are another concept, not accessible in batch setter

Hello @AlGrenadine , i am trying to set all the SCENE4 Level from 0DB :

1664035036714.png

to 2.6 DB:

1664035084588.png

within FracTool i go here:

1664035226982.png

when i click APPLY it begin to slide from 0 to 511 but no presets are saved, i tried with a single preset and a range,
but nothing happened other that the slide from N to M (my range selected) to the FM9 screen.

i i choose a single preset, the value of the OUT1 is modified, if i see it inside FM9 screen layout or FM9-Edit, but if i don't press "SAVE"
when i switch back and forth i see again the 0DB Value.

Any tips to save the preset instead of only slide across the range ?

Hello, i am trying to set all the SCENE4 Level from 0DB :

View attachment 108892

to 2.6 DB:

View attachment 108894

View attachment 108895

when i click APPLY it begin to slide from 0 to 511 but no presets are saved, i tried with a single preset and a range,
but nothing happened other that the slide from N to M (my range selected) to the FM9 screen.

i i choose a single preset, the value of the OUT1 is modified, if i see it inside FM9 screen layout or FM9-Edit, but if i don't press "SAVE"

Maybe it doesn't work with fm9, i don't know...
I'l starting to think about retiring FracTool as i don't have any time to handle the constant fractal updates (which is a good thing)

@AlGrenadine There is at least one way to individually save all the blocks of the amp / cab etc (so block a-b-c-d) for a single or a range of presets, and put it on file and save them in the default folder:

C: \ Users \ USERNAME \ Documents \ Fractal Audio \ FM9-Edit \ blocks

?

1664035968403.png

Hello @AlGrenadine , i am trying to set all the SCENE4 Level from 0DB :

View attachment 108892

to 2.6 DB:

View attachment 108894

View attachment 108895

Try the 'Batch Setter' function in the Fractal Editor.

Hello everyone! I am having trouble converting axe fx 2 presets to axe fx fm9 with FracTool. They end up looking like this (looks corrupt). Anyone have an idea what i am doing wrong? Greatful for any help or tip!

Kind regards
Nick

1664638103549.png

Hello everyone! I am having trouble converting axe fx 2 presets to axe fx fm9 with FracTool. They end up looking like this (looks corrupt). Anyone have an idea what i am doing wrong? Greatful for any help or tip!

Kind regards
Nick

View attachment 109259
It's not supported
You can convert to axefx3 then fm9edit will do the rest but it has no point
Gen2 and gen3 are totally different

Hi,

Not sure if this is the correct place to ask about Fractool?
I've recently received my FM9 Turbo and wanted to convert my presets from my FM3.

My FM9 is running V3.00 and my FM3 is running 5.03

So, I downloaded the latest Fractool to give it a try.
So, I've backed up my Preset bank D from my FM3 and Dropped it onto the FM9 Icon, it goes to about 28% and then errors out.

I'm thinking corrupt preset from my FM3, so I tried to import an individual preset from the earlier in the bank and that went on fine.
However, all my block settings have changed, e.g. the Amp is reset to 59 Bassguy, many of blocks have scene ignore on, also my reverb block has been reset to Small Spring.

I'm not sure if this is expected behavior or is there something wrong?

Thanks,
Craig

Hi,

Not sure if this is the correct place to ask about Fractool?
I've recently received my FM9 Turbo and wanted to convert my presets from my FM3.

My FM9 is running V3.00 and my FM3 is running 5.03

So, I downloaded the latest Fractool to give it a try.
So, I've backed up my Preset bank D from my FM3 and Dropped it onto the FM9 Icon, it goes to about 28% and then errors out.

I'm thinking corrupt preset from my FM3, so I tried to import an individual preset from the earlier in the bank and that went on fine.
However, all my block settings have changed, e.g. the Amp is reset to 59 Bassguy, many of blocks have scene ignore on, also my reverb block has been reset to Small Spring.

I'm not sure if this is expected behavior or is there something wrong?

Thanks,
Craig
To fm9 is not supported and won't be because there's nomore need of it...
FM9-Edit supports fm3 and axefx3 presets

Maybe it doesn't work with fm9, i don't know...
I'l starting to think about retiring FracTool as i don't have any time to handle the constant fractal updates (which is a good thing)
This is a fantastic tool and you've done the Fractal community a huge service in creating and supporting it. I imagine the maintenance & updates are daunting :eek: but I hope Fractool does continue! :cool:

Trying to use fractool with fm3 on latest firmware to…
Replace cab block with shunt
Replace output1 to output 2

I run FM3 into stereo poweramp and out to 2 real cabs.
It appearing to be performing the changes but when I go back nothing has been replaced.
Thanks in advance

The end of an era!

Thanks for providing such a great tool and supporting it all these years.

I hope the donations helped in a small way.
I'd like to keep it alive but too much (useless) differences have been introduced in different gen3 models...
So i only know i have no time for next months, and it takes more and more time to handle every model specificity...

Back
Top Bottom