Axe-Fx Firmware Version 21.00 Public Beta (Beta 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds about right to me, bziouou. When it does that in real life your eyes water, your room shakes, the neighbors call the cops and your ears ring for a week.
it can be yes, i ve never played these amps ,I'm listening the real deal actually quickly with videos and yes it seems that this is pretty "normal". Now I know Why I play with boogies and not plexi's hahahaha . mmm mooookkkkk :grinning:

Sorry to be that guy, but does this update need an amp block reset due to the change in amp modelling?
I’m sure Cliff would have said if it did, but just wanted to check.
Cheers

That’s 100% what my actual 1987x does when pushed. Its kind of blowing my mind, actually. Would love for ya’ll to rehash the recto thread after the new uodate
So that cool !

Yes! Our rectifier discussion with York etc ends in another improvement from fractal that you all have now 🎉.

Interesting all this Plexi talk (I love them btw).

I remember the first time I plugged into one and absolutely dimed it.

As others have said - scary, scary loud. Made my Jubilee stack sound like a small practice amp - you’ve not heard volume like it.

But also - a fuzzy mess, not what I expected at all and made me realise you need to learn these amps at that volume - and that’s not easy to do

Since we're making changes to Recto 2 (for which I am forever grateful), is there any possibility of getting a Recto clean channel one day? I realize that the idea of using a recto for cleans is probably like going to a strip club for the buffet but I figured I'd put it out there. The newer, multi-watt Rectos had improved cleans over their previous generations.

the 1987x Treble amp sound weird now. When you do a chord you have a strange sound behind, like a lofi filter or ... so hard to put words on sound ... like a fuzz pedal in parallel or ... well try it . i dont know the original so .... but I used it for ac/dc , malmsteen etc and now hm

Edit : this sound behind are in half the Marshall now. Maybe I didn’t notice it before ? But it concern all the amp “improved” so, maybe this is the difference
My brother was just talking to me a couple weeks ago about how two of his real amps do this same underlying lo-fi/fuzzy/filter thing. It’s crazy how Fractal’s modeling goes so deep and detailed that you even get the “warts” of an amp, in a good way… it makes a Plexi feel more alive and volatile just like it should.

I’m excited to dig into this FW and check out the 2204 and Recto models and mess with some different tube options. My ‘76 50w JMP (2204) has 6550s and sounds absurdly good, so I’m hoping this model can get close so I can save my ears.

Since we're making changes to Recto 2 (for which I am forever grateful), is there any possibility of getting a Recto clean channel one day? I realize that the idea of using a recto for cleans is probably like going to a strip club for the buffet but I figured I'd put it out there. The newer, multi-watt Rectos had improved cleans over their previous generations.
Don’t know why the clean channel got so many bad reviews as I always loved the clean channel in the single, roadster and roadking . And they are super friendly with external distortion pedals . Not the case of the JP2c and the mark series were distortion units sound like shit plugged in front of them (to me) .
The only problem is that channel 1 is really quieter than the others channels : when You switch to what I called “a real clean” with zero distortion, to another channel you don’t have enough power in ch1 . I end up using external dist pedal to have a good balance live, staying in channel one ….
But sure !

And the badlander for Christmas ! 😅🎉

Last edited:
This update slays … only played Bogner and 59 bassman… used a few drives. On a strat w R.Ellis pups.

Sounds amazing… very rich in overtones, clear mids, tight lows. Great volume knob tones. All positions on the selector.

Often not on “10” to get super chewy toanz … love it!

No issues so far.

👍❤️🙏

guitar minions GIF

Is it wrong that my first thought was 'poor @austinbuddy'? Sometimes progress hurts. :D

Great job on the update!
Hahaha.
I am on vacation away from the machines until 10/18. But I did finish Bank B of LiveGold right before I left and before this dropped.

When I get back will check the amps listed and if no adjustment needed get the full update out to you guys. I did spend a bunch of time on 20.04 dialing in low end so not sure if that has changed again with this new Fw21…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom