Hurricane Ian

PixelPusher21

Inspired
For everyone on the East coast in Central Florida, Be Safe. Ian is putting on his big boy pants tonight and if the predictions hold up, tonight and the early morning are going to bring bad news for a lot of people. Right now they have the eye running about 40 miles south of where I am currently. Last night before I went to bed the eye was going to be 10 miles north of me. Either way I am looking at a "fun" night and an "interesting" day tomorrow. After 30 years in Florida the one thing I know is that things can change fast. I still remember Charley which changed course an hour before it was supposed to hit us directly. This is one of those times I do NOT want to be rocked like a hurricane.

1664294065896.png

For everyone on the East coast in Central Florida, Be Safe. Ian is putting on his big boy pants tonight and if the predictions hold up, tonight and the early morning are going to bring bad news for a lot of people. Right now they have the eye running about 40 miles south of where I am currently. Last night before I went to bed the eye was going to be 10 miles north of me. Either way I am looking at a "fun" night and an "interesting" day tomorrow. After 30 years in Florida the one thing I know is that things can change fast. I still remember Charley which changed course an hour before it was supposed to hit us directly. This is one of those times I do NOT want to be rocked like a hurricane.

View attachment 109029
Good luck.

I am also thinking about Florida today. I have a cousin who operates a brewery in Tampa (SixTen). She and her family have gone to a safe place but I know there are many who may not be able to.
My mom's cousin, her husband, and her two disabled grandsons live a ways south of the Tampa area. At this point, driving north out of FL is a non-starter. Better to find a nice, cozy alligator shack in the 'Glades and watch it go by to the north....

My mom's cousin, her husband, and her two disabled grandsons live a ways south of the Tampa area. At this point, driving north out of FL is a non-starter. Better to find a nice, cozy alligator shack in the 'Glades and watch it go by to the north....
Apparently 301 is a good choice because everyone else uses 275, 75 and i4 and everyone forgets 301 is there. During Charley when 75 was a parking lot a friend decided to try 301, said he was doing the speed limit all the way up. Right now Ian is projected to hit just south of Sarasota.

I’ve lived on the Gulf Coast since the early 70s and can attest that it’s better to evacuate if you can. I can’t number all of the people we’ve had to rescue from the effects of a storm they could have avoided. Don’t be that guy. It’s not worth it.

Be safe and best wishes Florida… Texas is pulling for you!

F*** Ian, his mother, father, brother, sister and all relatives traced to his lineage. I hate hurricanes and all they bring to us.

Prayers that you and yours will be safe.

I’ve lived on the Gulf Coast since the early 70s and can attest that it’s better to evacuate if you can. I can’t number all of the people we’ve had to rescue from the effects of a storm they could have avoided. Don’t be that guy. It’s not worth it.

Be safe and best wishes Florida… Texas is pulling for you!

Tricky thing is when the path totally shifts. I know a ton of people who left Tampa and went down south or East and now many of those very areas are getting a direct hit, just never know until it’s too late sometimes

Tricky thing is when the path totally shifts. I know a ton of people who left Tampa and went down south or East and now many of those very areas are getting a direct hit, just never know until it’s too late sometimes
That is always the case with these. Last night we were not going to see much, now where I am we are going to get all the bad thunderstorms and sustained 70 knot winds. Top left of the storm is going to pass right over us. Worst case would be the wind shear in the upper atmosphere backs up giving the storm a path to go up the coast with half in the gulf and half on land. The quicker this storm gets over land the better for everyone at this point. Watching storm surge on the news right now. They were showing over 6 feet of storm surge with cars floating down the street. This is a huge storm.

Up to 18 feet of storm surge around Port Charlotte, craziness! Still getting some of the backside winds at 100mph and of course another 6” or more rain on top of the 12” plus we’ve already gotten.

It has been a busy morning. We lost about 8 panels of our fence. Seems that was the worst of it for most of the neighborhood, lots of damaged fences. Fence businesses are going to be busy for the next few months. We were lucky. Everyone not so lucky is in our thoughts. This ordeal is just beginning for some.

We were spared here in Clearwater. South from here were not so lucky.
Now the sky is showing blue and the wind is down to near nothing.
Feeling it for the guys on Fort Myers and surrounding who will be dealing with this for a while to come.

I'm near the Kennedy Space Center - we dodged a major bullet here. Strong gusty wind and a lot of rain but no appreciable flooding. Very lucky to say the least when you consider the devastation elsewhere. A lot of lives were shattered.

Back
Top Bottom