Axe-Fx Firmware Version 20.05 Public Beta (Beta 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Without a doubt, I prefer the Alpha Omega pedal. You may be a guitarist but there are also many bass players here and they all want that pedal.

Fractal has a lot of amps in there already but very few for bass. I think the efforts are poorly focused.
I mean, its a guitar not bass moddeler in the first place, therefore the efforts are not poorly focused...
Get it tho, lots of friends that are bass players like the axe a lot.

Of course it's positive, many people want Darkglass Alpha Omega pedal, I know people who haven't bought the Fractal just for that.

I mean, its a guitar not bass moddeler in the first place, therefore the efforts are not poorly focused...
Get it tho, lots of friends that are bass players like the axe a lot.
Its a guitar and bass moddeler…..

Of course it's positive, many people want Darkglass Alpha Omega pedal, I know people who haven't bought the Fractal just for that.
The alpha omega is just less agressive and muffled than the B7k . Maybe just with an eq block you can have it . They are also many guitar od in the axe that works well with the bass . Just try it ! I ve test them all and you can have very cool bass overdrives with many of them .

The alpha omega is just less agressive and muffled than the B7k . Maybe just with an eq block you can have it . They are also many guitar od in the axe that works well with the bass . Just try it ! I ve test them all and you can have very cool bass overdrives with many of them .
I have tried all possible options with engineers and it cannot be achieved. The Alpha Omega is a very special pedal, for me the best of Darkglass.

Without a doubt, I prefer the Alpha Omega pedal. You may be a guitarist but there are also many bass players here and they all want that pedal.

Fractal has a lot of amps in there already but very few for bass. I think the efforts are poorly focused.
First of all, saying "all the bass players" want that pedal is a bit of an exaggeration. How many times can you get all bass players to agree on anything gear related? Zero in my experience.

Secondly pretty much all the amps in the Fractal unit can be used with bass if you pair them with an agreeable bass cabinet. So you really do have more tonal variety than any other bass modeler currently for sale.

If you cannot find an agreeable bass cab for a particular amp, there's a bunch available elsewhere in a Google search.

First of all, saying "all the bass players" want that pedal is a bit of an exaggeration. How many times can you get all bass players to agree on anything gear related? Zero in my experience.

Secondly pretty much all the amps in the Fractal unit can be used with bass if you pair them with an agreeable bass cabinet. So you really do have more tonal variety than any other bass modeler currently for sale.

If you cannot find an agreeable bass cab for a particular amp, there's a bunch available elsewhere in a Google search.
I don't agree with you at all, not at all…

Yes it’s true. Even if the list is not long in « amps » most of the famous heads are here.

Then they are millions of irs available and also 30 ods in the axe, eqs…

Darkglass is or was? An over hyped thing to me . When I was working in a guitar store, the time djent metal rises, specially periphery, « every one » wanted these products because of periphery. After all this « do you have darkglass pedals? » I end up order them all for the store .

Even years after, I remember the first time I tried them . I believed they were broken. It sound so much like shit for 300 seriously wtf. I believed with what I’ve heard about them that the tone was phenomenal … and it was just an anemic clean preamp and a dist similar to a rat pedal at the minimum gain . The bass big muff with the boost on eat them all for way less money

Don’t take it personally JH2 I’m just talking. that’s a forum. No problem if you dream to have it. But even in the video I shared … wtf is this sound ? A 300e pedal?

Yes it’s true. Even if the list is not long in « amps » most of the famous heads are here.

Then they are millions of irs available and also 30 ods in the axe, eqs…

Darkglass is or was? An over hyped thing to me . When I was working in a guitar store, the time djent metal rises, specially periphery, « every one » wanted these products because of periphery. After all this « do you have darkglass pedals? » I end up order them all for the store .

Even years after, I remember the first time I tried them . I believed they were broken. It sound so much like shit for 300 seriously wtf. I believed with what I’ve heard about them that the tone was phenomenal … and it was just an anemic clean preamp and a dist similar to a rat pedal at the minimum gain . The bass big muff with the boost on eat them all for way less money

Don’t take it personally JH2 I’m just talking. that’s a forum. No problem if you dream to have it. But even in the video I shared … wtf is this sound ? A 300e pedal?
if you don't like your solution is simple, don't use. For me the Alpha Omega is the best bass pedal ever made and my solution to have it inside the Axe Fx is more complicated, I would like more time in your situation :)

if you don't like your solution is simple, don't use. For me the Alpha Omega is the best bass pedal ever made and my solution to have it inside the Axe Fx is more complicated, I would like more time in your situation :)
I m sure you can do it with the axe. Almost so close that you cannot identify the real one in a a/b test . You own the pedal ? If so it’s even easier to copy it by ears

I don't agree with you at all, not at all…
You don't have to agree, that is what makes us have different views as artists.

I always viewed the Alpha Omega as the Metal Zone for bassists. In certain contexts it sounds cool, but in others it sounds also like a box of fizz.

In 10 years, it will become as dated an effect as the ART SGX Nightbass.

You don't have to agree, that is what makes us have different views as artists.

I always viewed the Alpha Omega as the Metal Zone for bassists. In certain contexts it sounds cool, but in others it sounds also like a box of fizz.

In 10 years, it will become as dated an effect as the ART SGX Nightbass.
At the same time, I thing every musician are super influenced by the artists they love and buy the product for it, even if it sound like shit . That’s why I own a ds1 🤣

I cant think of a single thing I cant do in my bass rig, so I never get the "we need more bass xxx" complainers. It's the most amazing device for bass on the planet, especially paired with your awesome IR's 💪

I totally agree with this. I had a friend over with his Darkglass and I was ready to be blown away. I was like - is it on? Are these the only controls?
It is very easy to replicate it with the Axe.

My favorite pedal for Bass is the Sansamp Bass Driver (I know lots of folks like it). I tone matched it at one point and it sounded dead on.
Never forget about Tone Match - get a drive pedal that is close to your favorite Bass pedal, and use Tone Match to make up the difference. Works great.

I totally agree with this. I had a friend over with his Darkglass and I was ready to be blown away. I was like - is it on? Are these the only controls?
It is very easy to replicate it with the Axe.

My favorite pedal for Bass is the Sansamp Bass Driver (I know lots of folks like it). I tone matched it at one point and it sounded dead on.
Never forget about Tone Match - get a drive pedal that is close to your favorite Bass pedal, and use Tone Match to make up the difference. Works great.
Could you put that tone match up on AxeChange? I've heard so much about the Black glass unit, but hate it myself.

I meant to say exactly what I said. My honest feedback to Fractal is that the world has hundreds of notable tube amps that I would have rather added before an SV20H. Dev time is finite, why spend it here? Maybe an artist really wanted it or something.
Or, maybe the Marshalls are all so close that it is "trivial" to add/update many in one go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom