I’d like to kill every tree in North America.

Given the option, I'd live on the side of one of the mountains in North Carolina, Virginia, or Tennessee.
I LOVE it out there. I try to make the trip to the Blue Ridge Parkway once a year. It's about a 4-hour drive, with the added bonus of having to get to it by going between DC and Baltimore, and every time I come home, I get a weird, depressing feeling, even though I live in a peaceful, country setting. Appalachia is so lovely and peaceful to me, especially on a motorcycle. Maybe someday I'll be able to buy a cabin out there.

I even visited a back-woods family out there recently that I didn't even know!

"I’d like to kill every tree in North America."

I think if we conducted a survey, we'd find the trees found the feeling was reversed.

"I’d like to kill every tree in North America."

I think if we conducted a survey, we'd find the trees found the feeling was reversed.
I am pretty sure M. Night Shyamalan covered this in one of his movies. The Last Air Bender or something like that. It had Marky Mark in it. :tonguewink:

I'm with you there....cultivated grass yards are unbearably stupid.

Grass started as an incredibly ostentatious display of wealth. Having cultivated grass in your yard is like hanging a huge "I'm rich" sign because not only do you not have to use that land to raise animals or crops for food but also you have enough money to sink into completely unproductive plants that don't grow without (somewhat) extensive cultivation....and then you waste even more money cutting it back so it looks even, just so it doesn't look like you let it grow wild as food for your cows/sheep/whatever.

Personally...I don't care how much money I have....I never want to see grass like that again. Sadly, the HOA and my wife disagree.

That being said, I would like more trees, as long as the house, etc. is insured with a reasonable deductible. Trees are awesome. The world needs more trees.
I live in a historic district, that, for the most part, has old established trees in the yards that arch over the streets, and, because of the trees, the temperatures in our area are a bit lower than the rest of Phoenix.

There's a movement throughout the southwest, especially in the bigger cities, to try to get more trees planted because they help reduce the heat-island effect caused by cement, asphalt, and buildings storing the heat and releasing it at night. It's not a good thing to happen anywhere, but especially where the temperatures are well over 100º consistently throughout the summer and rising year by year.

Even with our famous deserts being hot during the day, they cool rapidly at night and are very pleasant once we get away from the other humans and their dwellings and buildings.

I live in a historic district, that, for the most part, has old established trees in the yards that arch over the streets, and, because of the trees, the temperatures in our area are a bit lower than the rest of Phoenix.
Huh. Wonder where you are? I grew up in Phoenix - in the middle of what was a former pecan grove (grown with SRP water).

Be careful with the maples because they've formed a union. Better start with the oppressive oaks, by hatchet, axe and saw, since the oaks are just too greedy and they ignore the maple pleas.
yur great post needs a vid!:

Back
Top Bottom