Old X/Y feature from the AX8

Ok dove in head first to programming the switches today. I was able to successfully do what I needed to do in order to really customize my preset. The workflow is pretty intuitive. Wasn’t hard at all.

The only thing I dont get is why there is a master FX layout? To me it makes a little more sense if you start every preset blank as opposed to having to modify the master layout so you’re not populating switches with FX that may not even exist in a preset. Just my 2 cents.

Ok dove in head first to programming the switches today. I was able to successfully do what I needed to do in order to really customize my preset. The workflow is pretty intuitive. Wasn’t hard at all.

The only thing I dont get is why there is a master FX layout? To me it makes a little more sense if you start every preset blank as opposed to having to modify the master layout so you’re not populating switches with FX that may not even exist in a preset. Just my 2 cents.
They correspond to effects found in most factory presets.

The default footswitch layouts are a starting point. It’s best to assign what you need, which no one else can know.

They correspond to effects found in most factory presets.

The default footswitch layouts are a starting point. It’s best to assign what you need, which no one else can know.
I guess they have to populate with something, but I wish it was just blank per preset without having to assign overrides for everything. Or maybe some way to zero it out so its blank in one fell swoop (maybe there is ????)

No. Layout stays fixed between preset changes. But you can make a layout link such that picking a preset with a preset switch also switches the layout to specific layout number when you press that switch.
I use this so that, as soon as I select a preset, the layout switches to Scenes (#2) which is where I’d invariably go as a second switch press. The end result is it saves a second, and feels like the machine is reading my mind.

you can also use the hold function to activate the block then use the press function to step through all 4 channels if you'd like access to all.

I use this so that, as soon as I select a preset, the layout switches to Scenes (#2) which is where I’d invariably go as a second switch press. The end result is it saves a second, and feels like the machine is reading my mind.
Greg & Unix-guy,

How is this different from having Scene #2 (in Greg’s example) set as the default Scene for that Preset? Wouldn’t the result be the same?

Greg & Unix-guy,

How is this different from having Scene #2 (in Greg’s example) set as the default Scene for that Preset? Wouldn’t the result be the same?
No, it wouldn’t. You would still be on the Presets layout (#1) and would have to step on the Scenes switch to change to layout #2.

All the default scene setting does is make that particular scene active when you select the preset.

So, it has nothing to do with the default scene setting, it has to do with navigating to the Scenes layout.

you can also use the hold function to activate the block then use the press function to step through all 4 channels if you'd like access to all.
Actually I do it the opposite way, using a tap to enable/bypass a block, because it fires as soon as I release the switch, and a hold to increment or toggle the channel. I never need to switch between two channels on a particular beat, but I do need to enable/bypass at a certain time.

Back
Top Bottom