I’d like to kill every tree in North America.

Bruce Sokolovic

Fractal Fanatic
Who had the bright idea of building houses around trees without cutting the damn things down first? (Seemingly) Perfectly healthy tree and wasn’t even that big a storm, damn thing took out power and cable lines. Need an emergency electrician to re attach the weatherhead to the house now before they restore power. Crime scene tape all over the yard, now at 4am they just left from surveying. Emergency crew coming tomorrow with forestry to cut the damn thing up. Currently have power, but the neutral line is exposed and from what I’m reading that’s not something you want for very long. Power conditioner is showing 120, lights aren’t unusually bright or dim or anything so I think I’m good short term here but……I really dislike trees. Bears, too but that’s another post.

Who had the bright idea of building houses around trees without cutting the damn things down first? (Seemingly) Perfectly healthy tree and wasn’t even that big a storm, damn thing took out power and cable lines. Need an emergency electrician to re attach the weatherhead to the house now before they restore power. Crime scene tape all over the yard, now at 4am they just left from surveying. Emergency crew coming tomorrow with forestry to cut the damn thing up. Currently have power, but the neutral line is exposed and from what I’m reading that’s not something you want for very long. Power conditioner is showing 120, lights aren’t unufsually bright or dim or anything so I think I’m good short term here but……I really dislike trees. Bears, too but that’s another post.
People often like to have trees around their house without taking into account that yes indeed they can fall.

The exact same thing happened to my brother a short time ago. A tree fell and brought the wire down, though it stayed connected. They eventually put the wire back up and left other trees with branches literally hanging down onto the wire. I guess it's not their job to trim the trees.

I cant wait to move. I dont even want grass around my next house.
I'm with you there....cultivated grass yards are unbearably stupid.

Grass started as an incredibly ostentatious display of wealth. Having cultivated grass in your yard is like hanging a huge "I'm rich" sign because not only do you not have to use that land to raise animals or crops for food but also you have enough money to sink into completely unproductive plants that don't grow without (somewhat) extensive cultivation....and then you waste even more money cutting it back so it looks even, just so it doesn't look like you let it grow wild as food for your cows/sheep/whatever.

Personally...I don't care how much money I have....I never want to see grass like that again. Sadly, the HOA and my wife disagree.

That being said, I would like more trees, as long as the house, etc. is insured with a reasonable deductible. Trees are awesome. The world needs more trees.

Back
Top Bottom