Quick question for the Aussies....

The Australian supplier recently emailed the waiting list and told us that they are currently waiting for confirmation of shipping dates.

Ok so I'll come clean, I just took delivery of a grey import from the USA. The price wasn't like some of the crazy ones listed.

Attachments

• 20220826_190831.jpg
    20220826_190831.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 18
Reactions: rog
I would assume the only ones that have made it to Australia are for promotional services, other than that…probably just a couple via the grey. Andrew and Independent Music are awesome, but if they don’t have the product to sell, they can’t sell it.

I’m on the list too, but at this point I have given up and if it doesn’t come along soon, will have no choice but to move to another product. That’s not a crack at anyone, just the reality of the situation for some of my work.

I’m on the list too, but at this point I have given up and if it doesn’t come along soon, will have no choice but to move to another product. That’s not a crack at anyone, just the reality of the situation for some of my work.
Agreed about Andrew and Independant Music. Interestingly the landed price for my non turbo was still under where the likely price would be for an Australian delivered unit. I know i have no warranty but have never had to use one with the other 3 fractal products i have owned so i dont anticipate any issues with my grey FM9. I did think id have a few more responses to this thread unless the others are hiding?:)

ymmv

Another one on the waiting list - I'm fine with waiting, I expect it'll be at least another 3 months or so. I just hope the price is still reasonable when it gets here.

I have a Helix now, bought used, no warranty, and ended up having to get some repairs done, so the fact that IM does the warranty work is a selling point to me - I'm on the Sunshine Coast, so only about an hour away from where they do the repairs. I would expect that to not be a concern with a new FM9, but once bitten...

Another one on the waiting list - I'm fine with waiting, I expect it'll be at least another 3 months or so. I just hope the price is still reasonable when it gets here.

I have a Helix now, bought used, no warranty, and ended up having to get some repairs done, so the fact that IM does the warranty work is a selling point to me - I'm on the Sunshine Coast, so only about an hour away from where they do the repairs. I would expect that to not be a concern with a new FM9, but once bitten...
Yeah it will be interesting to find out when the turbos will arrive in Australia. i've been on the waitlist from close to the start.

Yeah it will be interesting to find out when the turbos will arrive in Australia. i've been on the waitlist from close to the start.
I'd be shocked if it was sooner than 3 months...what's been said here by people who seem to officially speak for Fractal makes it seem like the US and Europe have priority, and the wait lists are long. 'Tis ok. I'd love to try one out right now, but I'm in no great hurry.

How are you enjoying yours?

I've had all the floor based units now. I started with a used Ax8 then Fm3 +Fc6 and now the Fm9.

I thought I would be happy with my Fm3 Fc6 combo but the added power the Fm9 affords is great. I'm still messing around with dual amps so the jury is out on that still.

The form factor is great as is the ability to run most of the axefx3 presets from @Burgs and the like without problem.

No regrets. I'm very happy and I'm not sure the extra 8 or 9% of CPU saving with a turbo is worth it. Time will tell.

I understand @Anthony76 re the wait time but it would be very hard to move away from the fractal universe now.

I've had all the floor based units now. I started with a used Ax8 then Fm3 +Fc6 and now the Fm9.

I thought I would be happy with my Fm3 Fc6 combo but the added power the Fm9 affords is great. I'm still messing around with dual amps so the jury is out on that still.

The form factor is great as is the ability to run most of the axefx3 presets from @Burgs and the like without problem.

No regrets. I'm very happy and I'm not sure the extra 8 or 9% of CPU saving with a turbo is worth it. Time will tell.

I understand @Anthony76 re the wait time but it would be very hard to move away from the fractal universe now.
Oh absolutely, I am very happy with my III and I still have a IIXL as backup that I really need to put up for sale. When my time comes on the waitlist I will probably still get one, not that I will need it then. The only reason why I'd go to a different product for this is because of size/weight and time constraints of when I need the unit.

Oh absolutely, I am very happy with my III and I still have a IIXL as backup that I really need to put up for sale. When my time comes on the waitlist I will probably still get one, not that I will need it then. The only reason why I'd go to a different product for this is because of size/weight and time constraints of when I need the unit.
I hear you re the size/ weight thing. Im primarily a church player (transparent drives, ambient verbs .8th delays yada yada) these days. i know a few guys lugging Axefx 3s and FC12s around and it seems like a massive pain to me! lol

I’m hunting an FM9 Turbo down now.
Waiting to hear back from a few potential leads.
The FM3/FC6 is great, but I need that extra DSP headroom.

Yeah thats what I realised too @jdel77.

Mind you mine is the "poverty" fm9. A friend of mine got a grey turbo.

I'm not sure the extra 7 -9 % of actual processing power increase means very much in the real world though.

Ymmv.

Yeah thats what I realised too @jdel77.

Mind you mine is the "poverty" fm9. A friend of mine got a grey turbo.

I'm not sure the extra 7 -9 % of actual processing power increase means very much in the real world though.

Ymmv.
After watching Leon Todd's video showing each unit running the same preset, I think it's likely some people will find the extra DSP to be very beneficial.

Back
Top Bottom