FM9 FM9 Dumble tones, trolled by my cat !

fremen

Axe-Master
Vendor
I was trolled by my cat ! o_O :p

I always viewed Larry Carlton's tone on "Last nite" as the holy grail of Dumble type sounds. Here, I'm playing over "The B.P. Blues" from that live album, I removed the original guitar track so you only hear myself. It's a quick attempt (meaning that I spent less than 15 minutes on it) to get a sound "in the spirit of", which wasn't easy because my blues playing skills are terrible - having a handicapped left ring finger doesn't help - but whatever, here's a sound that works for me !

Just lovely, lovely tones and playing.

Man, y'all killing it with these jazz-blues clips this weekend.

I was trolled by my cat ! o_O :p

I always viewed Larry Carlton's tone on "Last nite" as the holy grail of Dumble type sounds. Here, I'm playing over "The B.P. Blues" from that live album, I removed the original guitar track so you only hear myself. It's a quick attempt (meaning that I spent less than 15 minutes on it) to get a sound "in the spirit of", which wasn't easy because my blues playing skills are terrible - having a handicapped left ring finger doesn't help - but whatever, here's a sound that works for me !

Great playing and sound!

Can we get more of your cat in a future video? 😼

Off topic, but.. How do you like the Revstar? I have tele, strat and mini humbuckers, but I need a low maintenance double humbucker or p-90 to round out my collection and I keep hearing these are great.

Off topic, but.. How do you like the Revstar? I have tele, strat and mini humbuckers, but I need a low maintenance double humbucker or p-90 to round out my collection and I keep hearing these are great.
I really love it ! I'm more of a Superstrat type player, but I always loved the Yamaha SG2000 as a Les Paul type instrument, and the Revstar is somehow a modern version of it - and it's also more affordable, specially the "Standard" series. The thinner neck suits me better than the usual Les Paul fat necks, and the different pickups positions are a welcome addition. The only thing it has that I'm not a fan of is the mid boost, the sound becomes too dark with it. I just recorded a proper demo of that guitar, again with the FM9 :

I've yet to setup anything on it, it's still the original strings/action/neck relief etc. A friend have a previous version of the Revstar, I'll compare both soon

I really love it ! I'm more of a Superstrat type player, but I always loved the Yamaha SG2000 as a Les Paul type instrument, and the Revstar is somehow a modern version of it - and it's also more affordable, specially the "Standard" series. The thinner neck suits me better than the usual Les Paul fat necks, and the different pickups positions are a welcome addition. The only thing it has that I'm not a fan of is the mid boost, the sound becomes too dark with it. I just recorded a proper demo of that guitar, again with the FM9 :

I've yet to setup anything on it, it's still the original strings/action/neck relief etc. A friend have a previous version of the Revstar, I'll compare both soon

I wish they were in stock anywhere.. I would love to play one before commiting to one. I heard that the boost trick relies on a real amp to work properly which is why it has a transformer in it. Do you find that it behaves differently with a real amp as opposed to the FM9?

I wish they were in stock anywhere.. I would love to play one before commiting to one. I heard that the boost trick relies on a real amp to work properly which is why it has a transformer in it. Do you find that it behaves differently with a real amp as opposed to the FM9?
I didn't try it with one of my amps yet. But I will, with a Synergy OS module

Back
Top Bottom