Fm3 on stage tuning

Dkharrier

Im having major issues with tuning onstage with FM3. My Axe 8 used to pick up some stage noise but the FM3 seems to be even more sensitive to the point that I cant get an accurate read. Has anyone else had this problem?

I'm not clear on what you mean by "stage noise," or how that would affect tuning. Do you have the same problem while tuning in a quiet room?

Im having major issues with tuning onstage with FM3. My Axe 8 used to pick up some stage noise but the FM3 seems to be even more sensitive to the point that I cant get an accurate read. Has anyone else had this problem?
Make sure the Input is set to the one you’re using in the Tuner menu. While in the tuner, page right to the options. Be sure to return to the tuner display before leaving that menu.

What Chris said…

When my FA gear has appeared stuck on a B note of some sort, it’s getting no input. If there is anything else between the guitar and FM3, such as a volume pedal, check that first. It should be wide open when you tune, especially with lower powered pickups.

When tuning using the signal from the pickups, instead of vibration for a clamp-on, it can help a lot to switch to the neck pickup, roll down the tone control and maybe even reduce the volume.

Hot pickups, a bridge that is not intonatated right, a semi-hollow or hollow body inducing odd harmonics, can get in the way of accurate tuning. And EMI/noise of course.

Back
Top Bottom