Drop Tune FX (like Digitech)

Milner.Music

Curious if theres any FX for the FM3 that could be set up in a block chain or scene that would drop tune. 1/2 steps full steps 2 steps down?
So that one does not have to use a Digitech drop tune pedal before going into the FM3...

There is a virtual capo setting in the pitch block for raising or lowering the tuning of the instrument.
Awesome! I will try and see if that works, This way I don't have to retune up and down all the time.. for songs like Static X "Push It" is 2 full steps down :) i'll try your suggestion thank you!

The Virtual Capo rules pretty hard, You can also use the "detune" knob to tune up to 50 cents sharp or down 50 cents flat. Really convenient for playing songs from Ride The Lightning Or Peace Sells albums because those aren't tuned exactly perfect to standard.

Awesome! I will try and see if that works, This way I don't have to retune up and down all the time.. for songs like Static X "Push It" is 2 full steps down :) i'll try your suggestion thank you!
I use it for half-step down tuning all the time (which is what I used the Drop pedal for). Seems to me to work just as good as the Digitech.

The Virtual Capo rules pretty hard, You can also use the "detune" knob to tune up to 50 cents sharp or down 50 cents flat. Really convenient for playing songs from Ride The Lightning Or Peace Sells albums because those aren't tuned exactly perfect to standard.
Way cool! I was wondering how the capo would allow for lower pitches since real capos increase the pitch but the pitch block sounds like the way to go. So ride the lighting what HZ was it tuned if not 440 was it the 432 ?

Way cool! I was wondering how the capo would allow for lower pitches since real capos increase the pitch but the pitch block sounds like the way to go. So ride the lighting what HZ was it tuned if not 440 was it the 432 ?
I believe RTL is 445hz so a little sharp, and Peace Sells is 432hz so a little flat, i could be off though lol Cool little feature i discovered when messing around with the Virtual Capo. Never been so happy with a gear purchase, The Fm3 is soooooo good lol

I believe RTL is 445hz so a little sharp, and Peace Sells is 432hz so a little flat, i could be off though lol Cool little feature i discovered when messing around with the Virtual Capo. Never been so happy with a gear purchase, The Fm3 is soooooo good lol
About 2 weeks ago I messed around with all the various tuning 432 and 256, I tried to like it and play around a bit but didn't care for it much. I didn't try anything above 440 so maybe I should give that a go for $#it$ n grins :) I agree the FM3 is a game changer

I use it for half-step down tuning all the time (which is what I used the Drop pedal for). Seems to me to work just as good as the Digitech.
I haven't had as solid of an experience with it. I haven't ever used the Drop pedal, but have used the Whammy to fake a baritone in the past. My experience so far is that the FM3 does it, but not quite as well as the Whammy pedal (that goes for a bunch of other Whammy like functions which I do use in my live presets).

One thing I do LOVE about the FM3 is that I have a preset set up for practicing that has the virtual capo. Great when running through a set list with a ton of different tunings (e.g. standard to half-step down to whole-step down) without needing to retune or switch guitars.

I currently down shift with my pedal, you can set it up for either a down tune via scene change, preset switch, or Expression pedal, it all works. When it comes to the Expression Pedal, I personally use the "Classic Whammy" and just set it to my Exp Pedal via the control knob.

The virtual capo is awesome. My 8 string is tuned half step down, so if I want to play standard, I enable the block and the whole guitar is in standard tuning. Also use a expression-pedal to tune down 1,2,3 steps to play other stuff that is lower tuned, works perfectly. But, if your also using a pitchblock in that preset that is pitched to lets say standard tuning and you use the virtual capo + or -, the pitch doesnt work anymore (it works, but you get alien 👽 sounds, which could be your thing).

Cheers 🍻

I haven't had as solid of an experience with it. I haven't ever used the Drop pedal, but have used the Whammy to fake a baritone in the past. My experience so far is that the FM3 does it, but not quite as well as the Whammy pedal (that goes for a bunch of other Whammy like functions which I do use in my live presets).

One thing I do LOVE about the FM3 is that I have a preset set up for practicing that has the virtual capo. Great when running through a set list with a ton of different tunings (e.g. standard to half-step down to whole-step down) without needing to retune or switch guitars.
I just use it to tune down for half-step songs. Nothing more, nothing less. And it does that just fine. I can put it side by side with the Digitech Drop pedal and they both sound great doing that. Doesn't change the tone (except it's a tad "fatter" being a half step down).
And when I grab my Les Paul and physically tune it down a half step...I can't tell any real difference in what's coming out of my speakers. :)
I played around a few times with going down a whole step with the Drop pedal...but it started sounding kinda bad the lower I went.
Have no reason to go down a whole step anyway, so I never even tried it with the FM3.
So if you're going lower than a half step down, it may not work for you.

Back
Top Bottom