Neal Schon FM9 Rig Tour

That is freaking phenomenal!!!

It's a shame that I haven't seen Neil and Journey live and in person since the late 1980's! Such an amazing guitarist! I spent many hours with 8-tracks, albums, cassettes, and cd's cutting my guitar teeth on his and Journey's works!

That was awesome ! Watched it a second time and appreciate the details about the side fills, and the specifics.
Pedal effects, etc.
Thank you for posting this video.

This was awesome! I made a basic preset using those amp models, with stock settings on the 3 channels, and a simple reverb and delay and wow, they sound amazing! I don't think i've ever used those models before, now i'm in love. I'm running through a Matrix GT1000FX into a Suhr 2x12, so haven't tried FRFR with them, but man these might be my new favorite go to amp models.

@Cooper Carter , In the beginning of the video you're showing the (2) Axe III's in his rack, and then of course the FM9 on stage, and lastly you show an Axe III being used for applying FX to his EVH stacks on stage. What is he using the Axe III's in the rack for? Are those the units applying FX to the EVH amps, or backups, or another signal chain? Just curious how those tie in the whole system.

Very complex and simple all at the same time.

@Cooper Carter , In the beginning of the video you're showing the (2) Axe III's in his rack, and then of course the FM9 on stage, and lastly you show an Axe III being used for applying FX to his EVH stacks on stage. What is he using the Axe III's in the rack for? Are those the units applying FX to the EVH amps, or backups, or another signal chain? Just curious how those tie in the whole system.

Very complex and simple all at the same time.
The rack IIIs aren't currently used. But that rack is out because it houses the wireless, and we haven't had enough downtime to consolidate the rig in its new configuration.

IT would be cool @Cooper Carter to shoot through how he is using the midi to switch channels on the EVHs/Fm9 set up. A great useful feature.

Great video...
MIDI controlled relays are pretty old school. I had some in my rack in the late '90s/early '00s to switch pedals in and out of the signal path, but they could just as easily instead control amp channels. Just found some old pics of that setup last night, actually. Would have really loved to be able to control it all as easily as we can these days. The FC200 at least has program change, control change, and note modes (still have it standing in a corner), so the control change mode was my pedalboard mode for the switching of those pedals and a few things in the Quadraverb II.

This:
20220814_095548_0.jpg

And this modified, channel-switching Bassman:
20220814_101425.jpg

Became this:
20220814_094630.jpg

With this:
20220814_094804_0.jpg

Back
Top Bottom