"Seagull" effect with Axe FX III

Sauro_on_guitar

Inspired
Vendor
I would replicate the "Seagull" effect Gilmour did (in the Echoes song) just reversing in and out in his wha wha pedal.
I would turn on and off with a switch....but
Does anyone have any idea how this can be done?

Maybe a whammy/pitch block? I really don't know and I'm speculate about it while I'm in a break time at work (I have no guitars and gear with me at the moment).
If anyone has any idea how to do it tell me, thanks!

Years ago I shared this preset for the axe fx II, I don't think it'll sound right by converting it for the III after 7 years worth of updates, but the "seagull" should work fine.
As I have a bit of time I'll post the updated version of this preset.

PS: I think robyrocks just copied the implementation of the "seagull" from my free preset (from what I can tell it sounds and works pretty much identically) and inelegantly made it a commercial preset.

Maybe someone would be nice and convert this preset into a form acceptable by FM3? I am trying to import it into my FM3 - but some blocks in the first line are missing. Should there be Return / Send blocks?

EDIT: Blocks Send/Return on ends of first row helps :D (plus changed IR in CAB block). For me - I add tremolo after synth block, controled by pedal too (depth plus rate).

Thax a lot DLC86

Last edited:
Maybe someone would be nice and convert this preset into a form acceptable by FM3? I am trying to import it into my FM3 - but some blocks in the first line are missing. Should there be Return / Send blocks?

EDIT: Blocks Send/Return on ends of first row helps :D (plus changed IR in CAB block). For me - I add tremolo after synth block, controled by pedal too (depth plus rate).

Thax a lot DLC86
Nope, in the first row there are only a synth and a drive block iirc, no send/return.

If it helps I can send a screenshot of axe-edit

PS: since this preset was saved using the latest axe fx firmware there might be some issues with the conversion since the fm3 hasn't received the last updates yet

Ooo.... No send/return needed? Hmmm....

EDIT: Yes, you right, send/return block not neede (I put it, but no turn on to work - Return Level was 0%, me stiupido)

But yes, please, paste here your screenshot of axe-edit! ;)

Last edited:
Ooo.... No send/return needed? Hmmm....

EDIT: Yes, you right, send/return block not neede (I put it, but no turn on to work - Return Level was 0%, me stiupido)

But yes, please, paste here your screenshot of axe-edit! ;)
Echoes.jpg

Thanx, I see now.
(In FM3 we lost Amp from first row. Witch one is more important?)
(And we dont have Out3 - but I think this for use outer guitar cab, not important for seagull)

Thanx, I see now.
(In FM3 we lost Amp from first row. Witch one is more important?)
(And we dont have Out3 - but I think this for use outer guitar cab, not important for seagull)
The two amps are identical, just panned to opposite sides to maintain the stereo signal from the delay. Just set pan to 0 and eventually place the delay after the amp.

Yes, OUT3 is for a guitar cab.

Back
Top Bottom