Volume pedal setup

Thenewexhibit

Experienced
Are you guys setting up your volume pedals to “auto off” at 95%, or do you leave the volume block on all the time? Just curious. For some reason, leaving it on all the time and letting the volume pedal do it’s thing seems smoother sweep wise to me than having it turn “auto off” at 95% for some reason. Probably in my head haha but just curious how you guys use it.

Are you guys setting up your volume pedals to “auto off” at 95%, or do you leave the volume block on all the time? Just curious. For some reason, leaving it on all the time and letting the volume pedal do it’s thing seems smoother sweep wise to me than having it turn “auto off” at 95% for some reason. Probably in my head haha but just curious how you guys use it.
Why would I turn off a volume pedal?

Why would I turn off a volume pedal?
Because everyone knows True Bypass is better... Kidding.. :tearsofjoy:

I think I saw somebody set it up that way; I set mine up that way when I first got the Axe, and today brought me to the question on is it necessary.

Because everyone knows True Bypass is better... Kidding.. :tearsofjoy:

I think I saw somebody set it up that way; I set mine up that way when I first got the Axe, and today brought me to the question on is it necessary.
Usually not needed. A volume pedal at 100% is full volume. A bypassed volume pedal is full volume. So just leave it on, no auto engage.

Nope, always on. I do have tuner on heel down setup - probably my favorite non-tone feature of the Axe-FX.

Don’t use auto-off for a volume pedal. It gets in the way of volume swells, especially slow ones.

I used volume pedal a lot with echo to get pedal-steel sounds years ago, and initially used auto-off when I switched to my Fractals, then realized it was offering nothing useful. I removed auto-off and it’s working fine.

Last edited:
Don’t use auto-off for a volume pedal. It gets in the way of volume swells, especially slow ones.

I used volume pedal a lot with echo to get pedal-steel sounds years ago, and initially used auto-off when I switched to my Fractals, then realized it was offering nothing useful. I removed auto-off and it’s working fine.
Oh, rad! Thank you for the info! Yeah, I feel like sometimes, the auto off makes these minor yet abrupt "on" or "off" volume jumps. It didn't happen all of the time, but when I turned the "auto off" off, it immediately felt more accurate and smooth so that's why I thought I would ask in the forums.

Back
Top Bottom