AFIII Best preset for Symphony of destruction by Megadeth

Keith White

Experienced
Doing a fill in gig with a band this weekend. Playing symphony off destruction by megadeth
I don't play this heavier style of music so iam unfamiliar with the app models and preset for this. Any ideas. I don't mind purchasing the preset

Back then they used CAE preamps thru Marshall cabs with BBE sonic maximizers. But if you don't wanna go too deep down that rabbit hole the JVM OD1 or OD2 red models with a Marshall cab should get you in the ballpark of where you wanna be.

Back then they used CAE preamps thru Marshall cabs with BBE sonic maximizers. But if you don't wanna go too deep down that rabbit hole the JVM OD1 or OD2 red models with a Marshall cab should get you in the ballpark of where you wanna be.
Pretty sure Marty's lead tone was just a 100% dimed JCM 800 (not sure if it was modded or boosted either).
I find the Friedman HBE C45 to get that kind of full+low-mid violion sound a bit easier than on the Brit 800 tho.

@keithguitarfan here's the preset I used when learning the solo (since more options are better)

Attachments

• Freed Man.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 31
Pretty sure Marty's lead tone was just a 100% dimed JCM 800 (not sure if it was modded or boosted either).
I find the Friedman HBE C45 to get that kind of full+low-mid violion sound a bit easier than on the Brit 800 tho.

@keithguitarfan here's the preset I used when learning the solo (since more options are better)
Possibly. I was referencing what their live rigs were at that time for the Countdown tour.

There's a consensus that for the RIP album most of the leads were done with a Tube Works Real Tube II preamp. That may have carried over to CTE as well. Bogner Fish preamp is referenced a lot around that time period as well. Nearly everything they used after So Far, So Good, So What was based on a Marshall. So any amp model that fits that description should easily get you there. When I was in a Megadeth tribute project I found the JVM (real amp, didn't have an AxeFx back then) could easily get that late 80's/early 90's Megadeth tone with just a tube screamer in front and a JB pickup. Course, for a tribute we went a bit further down the rabbit hole trying to recreate the tones... lol.

When I was in a Megadeth tribute project I found the JVM (real amp, didn't have an AxeFx back then) could easily get that late 80's/early 90's Megadeth tone with just a tube screamer in front and a JB pickup. Course, for a tribute we went a bit further down the rabbit hole trying to recreate the tones... lol.

Doooooooooooooooooooood! That's awesome. :)

I do not have a III but with the II I use the brit pre with some heavy parametric eq to get pretty close.

Back
Top Bottom