Axe-Fx lll Back Live!

LerxstFan

Inspired
Played my first gig in over 2 1/2 years last week! In a new band of super talented people and grateful to be playing out again!

Coming from an AX8 with multiple presets for nearly every song in my old 80’s cover band, I kept it simple and limited myself to 6 or so presets mostly using AB’s and Yek's tones with a little tweaking and all the great insight and knowledge from the Fractal community!

Loved having the new Klon pedal as a boost for rhythm and fills. We were not overpowering with volume and had a good balance with the instruments and vocals - 4 piece band with keys. I run wireless so I can check out the mix - the Axe III just sounds good and so like the real thing for me. Excelled at clean and low gain tones. Need to work on some of the higher gain presets for solos to cut, but overall I’m happy with the sounds I’m getting.

The Axe-Fx lll and FC-12 is such an easy and compact set up. Looking forward to more gigs next month. Now I just need to learn another set of songs!
51774083-C37F-4821-BD8B-08B10A941DF7.jpeg

Last edited:
That’s not a piece of wood. Looks like a heat sink.
Heat sink it is - just metal fins with gold paint on the edges. Overall, it's not the prettiest setup, but it works like it should, and even in 85 humid degrees and sun there were no issues with the gear.

Back
Top Bottom