Is the Klone coming to FM9 in 3.0?

To my knowledge, there has never been a drive model or amp model added to the Axe-FX III which hasn't eventually been ported to the FM3 / FM9. I would expect it to be added to the official 3.0 release or a subsequent firmware update shortly thereafter.

Last edited:
ELI5: What is better about the Klon compared to the Boss Super OD or T808 drives?
Not better, different. Also, a lot of it is hype and rarity. Like the newer mass produced version says right on the box:

klon-ktr-centaur.jpg

To me, the Klon has a bit more thickness and girth than a TS-808 or Super OD. The bass cut is at a higher frequency on the Klon which contributes to this.

ELI5: What is better about the Klon compared to the Boss Super OD or T808 drives?

Clean and semi-breaking up guys love the Klon because it doesn't have that sharp shelving
of the lo-end that the SD, TS, and Maxon808s have.

That also means it is not as good at pushing a Marshall type circuit into further overdrive
like the TS variants excel at. With a Klon paired with an amp with a lot of gain it can get
tubby/flubby in the worst way.

The Klon also doubles as the world's most expensive clean boost/tone sweetener. Many guys
use it at the end of their pedal chain with the gain low and the Vol at unity or 1 or 2db above.
It's not a be-all or end-all pedal. It is as limited as other drive pedals, with their own best use case
scenarios.

I've already cried about this in our beta firmware thread. I've heard that if you @ Matt and Cliff 1 more time, they will appear in our bathrooms at night and they will say "soon".

I've already cried about this in our beta firmware thread. I've heard that if you @ Matt and Cliff 1 more time, they will appear in our bathrooms at night and they will say "soon".
Actually, everyone seems to be in a rush for the Klon block to arrive for 3.0. Running this and that...why not simply take your time and enjoy a leisurely walk instead of a gallop? Trust me, if your legs work, enjoy a nice walk. You can sit later. 😃

Actually, everyone seems to be in a rush for the Klon block to arrive for 3.0. Running this and that...why not simply take your time and enjoy a leisurely walk instead of a gallop? Trust me, if your legs work, enjoy a nice walk. You can sit later. 😃
Right. No one has been waiting for anything in Fractal world. It all comes expediently.

Back
Top Bottom